Yesterday former Joe Biden chose a woman of color to be his vice presidential running mate, senator Kamala Harris of California.
I spotted Senator Harris as a future political force when she was the attorney general of California. I knew we would be seeing a lot of her on the national stage.
Of course I was disappointed when her presidential run didn't catch on but I didn't count her out. I was worried that Biden would not pick a woman of color as his running mate, listening to the likes an old white dinosaur like former senator Chis Dodd, who was on Biden's vice presidential vetting committee. Dodd said Kamala was "too ambitious." Excuse me? "Too ambitious?" Since when is being "too ambitious" a negative? Perhaps to an old dinosaur like former Senator Chris Dodd, with all that white hair. Thank God Biden didn't listen to that horrible advice.
The picture above is of me and Delaware's lone representative in Congress, Lisa Blunt Rochester. Last year Representative Rochester attended a function at the hotel where I work part-time in Lewes, Delaware. She graciously accepted my request to have a photo taken with her. I haven't met Senator Harris in person yet but I hope to in the future. Joe Biden has a home nearby the hotel and hopefully Senator Harris will stay at our hotel sometime during the next three months of the presidential campaign. When she does you can be sure I'll ask to have a selfie taken with her!
In the meantime, I'm sleeping a lot better at night knowing that the reign of incompetence, corruption and malfeasance of the thug Trump administration is about to come to an end.
Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:
Hi Ron! You posted this picture a while back and that was my 1st introduction to Kamala Harris. Thank you very much for introducing her to me this way. You lucky man! I believe Kamala Harris will make a fine Vice-President> President. Yes, I believe Mr. Biden is a bit too old for the job, I don't think he will last 4 years. But he has a good mind for a man his age.
Since it's been a long while since I replied to one of your posts, I would like to say belated happy birthdays to you and Bill and belated anniversaries (all of them) to both of you fine gentlemen.
Ron, I believe Joe Biden made the right choice. Biden- Harris will be the winning ticket. I know we try not to get into deep political discussions here so I won't. Ron, I too will sleep better because there is hope for the people of this country. Now we need to get people out to VOTE. I can't wait until October 6th the first day when I can place my mail in vote. Ron, hope you recovered from the hurricane. Is Bill doing okay? I have done genealogy research for 30 years as a hobby/semi professionally. I noticed the other day that I have Tiptons in my tree. I checked your tree and I think we are cousins. I am going to do some serious checking but I am pretty sure that we are. Haha! What a hoot!!! Take care and be safe!
I absolutely agree with a Biden/Harris ticket! If I can't have that hottie Mayor Pete for president, Biden will do just fine!
I'm thrilled too! With everything going on, it's good to have some 'exciting' news. I live near Jacksonville and was so glad no convention there. I cant wait until November- it's something to look forward to for sure. Love the photo.
Women's attributes are always defined in a pejorative way! I love Kamala Harris for VP.
I wish I had your confidence. I suspect the GOP/Russians/Trump (aren't they all the same?) will make it theirs again.
I'm excited as well. But my mom still seriously thinks Trump and his ilk will find away to game the election. We have a bet going on for who will win.
With the sabotage of the usps, the country feels vulnerable. Either way, I'm being optimistic.
Post a Comment