Saturday, October 06, 2018

Sad Day for the United States of America

Non photo-shopped pictures of privileged white men showing their anger when their power is questioned


Brett Kavanaugh was confirmed as a Supreme Court Justice today by the Republican controlled Congress.  Today is a sad day.  

Many of us will remember where we were when this travesty happened.  

I will minimize my rant here but I did want to make my displeasure known.  

No profiles in courage here today.  These Senators will go down in history for the cowards that they are.  





November is coming.




11 comments:

Linda said...

It is a sad day. Flake is leaving, so he does not care. I wanted to address this occasion on my blog, but I did not.

Ron said...

Linda,
Flake is going to K Street as a lobbyist. That's why he doesn't care. Believe it or not he thinks he actually has a chance to run for president against Trump. What a fool he is. I wasn't going to post anything about this travesty on my blog but I just had too.
Ron

Raybeard said...

Tragic developmemts, Ron, which we could see and fear was coming - and yet......and yet, held out for that hope that it just may not have.
My deepest sympathies are with all reasonable-thinking Americans.

Ron said...

Ray,
The most dangerous time in my life Ray. I'm not exaggerating. I truly fear for our democracy.
Ron

Joel Reisteter said...

This great Republic which we helped build, and you helped defend in the early 1960's, is in limbo. My heart is broken.

Ron said...

Better days are coming. November is coming. The Blue Wave is coming.

Ron said...

Affects my sleep Joel. Never in my lifetime has the political situation in this country affected my sleep. It does now.
Ron

Jane Karwat said...

It was just really difficult to watch. He was a snarling, entitled liar. I didn't sleep well after and I do worry. My family who live in the States are registered and are voting Democrat.

Elle Clancy said...

Every day I think it can't get worse, and yet it does. My only hope is that people hold on to this rage--people of all walks of life--and that they vote in November. I am trying to do what I can by donating to candidates and also to a (verified) group that is helping people get rides to the voting polls. I would like to think every little bit counts.

Ron said...

Jane,
Never in my life have I had difficulty sleeping because of the current political situation but I do now. Only thirty more days to the mid term elections. By the way, do you live in Canada?
Ron

Jane Karwat said...

I live just outside of Toronto now, before that I lived in Toronto for 40 years. My Mom lived in Rochester for many years.

Running Ragged

  Pat and I taking advantage of the Wednesday Early Bird Special at Touch Of Italy this afternoon at 4 PM, just as the doors opened. Pat...