Wednesday, February 08, 2017

California Deaming



One more day of work then I'm off until February 27th.  

Folks, I'm ready to get away.  Big time.

I called my Airbnb host tonight just to check to make sure my reservation (that I made last year) is still on.  It is.  Super!  

We'll be staying right tin the heart of West Hollywood, just off of Melrose Avenue. Walking distance to all of our favorite haunts. 

The weather here today was positively springlike at 68 degrees. What a pleasure it was to take my daily walk.  The older I get I have a harder time handling cold wind in my face. Today was most pleasant. The same weather I am looking forward to the next two weeks in Los Angeles. Oh yes!

Wouldn't you know it, snow is forecast for tomorrow.  Just as I'm going to work. Thankfully, warmer temperatures are forecast for this Sunday, when my ride (my neighbor Bill B.) will drive me to Philly International Airport to meet Pat and our flight to Los Angeles. 

This time next week we will be totally immersed in California.  At time like this I am reminded of the old Mama's and Papa's song "California Dreaming".




7 comments:

  1. Goodness me, Ron, although we all know this record like the back of our hands, I've never seen this film before (obviously taken from a TV appearance) and the Ms and Ps look like little more than children - or at least the Ms do. May you feel similarly rejuvenated in Ca (snow permitting) as you escape for a while from the daily blizzard of Trumperies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      I will not be watching the news when we're in California. Now just to get out of our snow covered eastern seaboard. Flights were cancelled out of Philadelphia today. Hopefully, the skies will be clear for our flight out this Sunday.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Randy in NEB.3:44 AM

    Hi Ron, I'm still here, just not blogging much... errr or should I say none at all, only minimal F/B time. The just want too much from me at work. Since this past fall 10 hour days 5 days a week, 8 hours on Saturday and some Sundays. But I did remember you and Pat were going to take your yearly trip to So. Cal. this month. I do hope you and Pat have a better time than last year. Have you been to "The Springs" before? When I went to AZ last May To see Spo and Someone, I took a side trip to LA. And on the way back stopped in Palm Springs for lunch. I was only there for a couple of hours for a quick look-a-round. You well have to be sure to get a picture of you and Pat in front of the Palm Springs sign. It's on Hwy 111 just as you come into town. Always thinking of you. Randy H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Randy,
      So nice to hear from you again. Pat and I are staying at a different Airbnb this year. I called the owner last night to confirm our stay. Both Pat and I liked her (Pat was on FaceTime when I called her and overheard the conversation). We have the master bedroom with a lot of light. Two weeks in sunny LA with a side trip to Palm Springs to see Spo and Someone and friends Larry and Nate and Doug and another person who didn't attend the Bloggerpalooza. I guess we're having a mini Bloggerpalooza. We'll talk about you Randy. And thanks for the tip about taking a selfie at the sign for Palm Springs on Hwy 111.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Ron...Please have a great time with Pat...My question is...Who is looking out for Bill...Now your blog community can set up a schedule and ensure that Bill is taken care of...I lay first claim for the 7:00 AM-11:00 AM shift...I am an early person...Smile...Have a fun...Pictures...Pictures...Thanks....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AlexandriaVic,
      Thanks fir the offer to look after Bill but that's already taken care of. Our wonderful neighbors Bob and Barbara M. Will be looking after Bill.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. whenever I need cheering up I play this video.

    ReplyDelete