Monday, February 06, 2017

California (Hollywood), Here We Come!

Our flight next Sunday from Philadelphia to Los Angeles, one coast to another coast

One week from today we'll be in California! 

I'm ready folks. In fact, more than ready.  

This year Pat and I will be staying in West Hollywood at for two weeks.  

Our bright and uncluttered accommodations in Los Angeles for the next two weeks


We'll be staying at a different Airbnb. In the past we've stayed at a bed and breakfast called the Hollywood Bed and Breakfast on Hollywood Boulevard.  Perfectly lovely accommodations but a little too cluttered and dark for Pat's taste.  Last year we split our time between the Hollywood Bed and Breakfast and an Airbnb in the Hollywood Hills.  That Airbnb was a disappointment. Black sheets, skunk outside and a neighbor screaming at Pat for daring to turn around in the tight driveway to let me off.  Plus the TV was crappy. What is it anyway with the cheapo TV's in the bed and breakfasts.  We had the same problem at our B & B in Niagara Falls. 

I am so looking forward to getting away from the news and just relaxing and doing whatever.

Pat and I don't plan our itinerary except for the flight out and the accommodations. We will be staying a few days in Palm Springs for the Mid-Century Modern Architecture Tour. Both Pat and I love checking out homes. We'll also be visiting Dr. Spo and his pals at their bathing suits optional accommodations. 


Indulge Resort, Palm Springs, California

Needless to say both Pat and I will be keeping our pants on. 

Now to start packing. I think I have this down pat now, underclothes and socks and not so much on shirts. And also all my electronic chargers for my Apple toys.

Not long now!


11 comments:

  1. I'm excited (and admittedly envious)about your upcoming trip to Hollyweird and will look forward to hearing about all your adventures. Once you get to Palm Springs you'll probably never want to go home.
    I remember loooong ago in West Hollywood there used to be a gay, swim suit-optional hotel. I stayed there a few times but can't even remember the name of it. I seriously doubt if it's still in existence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was called the San Vicente Inn, Jon, and like most things, it has changed. It has been bought and is opening up again in 2018 as the San Vicente Bungalows, but sadly it will not be gay, or clothing optional. At least they are not tearing them down!
      https://www.sanvicentebungalows.com/

      Delete
    2. Jon,
      Wish we could meet up with you in Holllyweird. I'm sure you could show us a lot of interesting haunts. That's what we need, a guide. Think about it. Maybe next year?
      Ron

      Delete
  2. Hey Ron - soon we'll be in one of our favourite cities - doing what we seem to lean to naturally. Just hanging our with the local people - or at least where they hang out. Looking forward to some of the vegan restaurants, furniture stores, neighbourhoods like Little Tokyo. Maybe we can take in that free Art Gallery. Of course look for the plaque designating where 77 Sunset Strip was filmed - altho there is no real address bearing those numbers. I hope Spo and friends will join us at Native Foods Restaurant in Palm Springs. Palm Springs is the Mecca of mid century modernism so that's going to be interesting - and, I expect, the drive back and forth. And what's also really good is the weather forecast - mostly in the 70's. Apart from our just playing it by ear we are scheduled for The Price is Right and checking out one of the studio tours. And, of course, we'll have to catch a film.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That be true Pat! The Excellent Adventures of Ron and Pat continue!

      Delete
  3. Keep the reports and videos rolling out, Ron. I'm sure you will, but just making sure so we don't miss sharing your 'excitements' of which there are bound to be many. Have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will Ray! I am so ready to get away from this whole Trump Thing.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Ron, please be sure to let me know ahead of time what days you will be here and when you would like to get together as is our custom, so I can make sure I am free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tony,
      Pat and I will arrive in Los Angeles this Sunday February 12th. We leave LA Saturday, February 25th. We are taking a side trip to Palm Springs February 16th and 17th. Squeeze us in Tony! We would love to see you again.
      Ron

      Delete
  5. pants on? No way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to talk Pat into taking a swim but he's not having it.

      Delete