![]() |
| Rose & Crown Restaurant - Lewes, DE |
My neighbor Barbara took me out to lunch today at the newest restaurant in Lewes, Delaware. It is called the Rose and Crown and is located on the first floor of the Rodney Hotel.
![]() |
| Our booth by the window - Barbara is the blond to the left |
![]() |
| Barbara and I in our booth awaiting our orders - loved the skylight! |
![]() |
| My hamburger burnt to perfection (just the way I like it!) |
![]() |
| Barbara's fish and chips (which she said were "excellent") with Remoulade sauce |
All in all we had an enjoyable, pleasant, afternoon diversion on this brisk, late fall day with my friend and neighbor Barbara. The only thing that would have been better is if those fries were crackling hot.
Note: the restaurant graciously took $15.00 off our bill because of the "we're out of gas" delay.
Also, the Rose & Crown is open seven days a week, 11 am to 11 pm. Good news for me and my hotel guests on Mondays and Tuesdays when most of the other restaurants in Lewes are closed. A nice place to stop for a casual lunch in Lewes.
![]() |
| Lewes, Delaware |






4 comments:
looks yummy; where is this hotel in relation to your hotel where you work?
also, you're looking mighty fine in these pix. ;-)
Anne Marie,
The Rose & Crown is just around the corner from the hotel where I work in Lewes. One block.
Ron
The fish and chips look great, but I am with you the fries need to be piping hot. On the other hand I like a burger medium rare. Hard to find these days so I make my own with organic meat. Safer I think. Glad you had a fun cocktail, now I am going to make myself one.
Cindy from Sonoma
Cindy,
My dining partner Barbara could understand how I could eat my "shoe leather" hamburger. I love it that way, dry and burnt. It was perfect.
Ron
Post a Comment