Last night at the inn where I work as a front desk clerk in Lewes, our hotel occupancy was ZERO.
NO BODY WAS IN THE HOTEL except your genial and at your service guest service representative......me!
My hours were from 3 pm in the afternoon until 11 pm at night.
In addition to checking in hotel guests, attending to their needs, and answering their questions my additional nighttime duties are:
- Folding laundry
- Cleaning the lint filters (one of my FAV jobs)
- Emptying the dishwasher and putting away the dishes
- Setting out the breakfast dishes
- Vacuuming the lobby rugs
- Mopping the tile floors
- Checking all the outside lights
- Checking to make sure all the doors are locked
- Taking reservations over the phone
- And anything else the hotel guests throw my way (which is infinite - always something new)