Saturday, December 28, 2024

Just The Two Of Us


Doesn't today seem like Saturday? Well, actually it is!

Interesting isn't it when holidays fall in the middle of the week. My whole rhythm is thrown off. That's all right though because I just found this great new playlist for continuous disco mix.

I remember way back in 1980 (that long ago Ron?) that I would make a special trip to one of the after hour clubs in Philadelphia (where I lived at that time) and position myself next to one of those massive four foot speakers on the dance floor and just absorb the beat of the disco continuous music. 

I had my "sticks" and my poppers and I would really get into beat. I would do that for hours. Yes, hours! 

Saturdays are always sad for me now since that when Bill had passed, early on a Saturday morning. 

This Saturday was overcast with a light rain. Even worse. Even though Bill had passed February 22nd of this year, the day was overcast (no rain though) and chilly. 

I know Bill is in Heaven now where there is incredible light and peace. He awaits me. This I know. I know that one day I will enter the Gates of Heaven where Bill will welcome me with his open arms and our five Pomeranian doggies will be happily jumping around our feet. 

Our last three Poms, the mother, father and their daughter happy to see me at our house in Pennsylvania about 1984. What a wonderful life we all had then!



Until that wonderful day happens, I continue to mark each day that I exist here on earth, with my few loved friends and my way of ultimate relaxation as I am doing now by listening to this playlist.

Me, 1964 at my furnished, two room efficiency apartment in Coatesville, PA. This is the year I met Bill. What a dump that apartment was but it worked for me at that time. I still have that carnival glass pitcher and glass set! I think I still have that green T-shirt!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your life. I enjoy reading. You have a wonderful out look on your life.

"Tommy" said...

Its always so good to see your photographs of years gone by... and hopefully more to come. Keep on Going!!!

Ron said...

Thank you Anonymous!

Ron said...

Thanks Tommy. I love sharing my old photos. I just wish I had taken more of them back then. But remember, it was a big deal to get photographs developed. I wish I had taken some when I lived in Pittsburgh. Didn't take one.
Maybe in my next life when I will have my iPhone with me.
Ron

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...