Just got a call this morning who left a voicemail that “a preauthorized purchase has been made against my Walmart account for a PlayStation 5 in the amount of $919.75. The caller (“Amelia”with a British accent - I guess Indian accents are a giveaway for the telephone scammers now) told me to “press one to cancel this purchase or to speak to a customer representative.”
SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!SCAM!SCAM!SCAM!
Under no circumstances press any number. Block the phone number. Mine was an 860 number from Hartford, CT.
The crooks are still out there folks albeit this time with British accents instead of Indian accents.

3 comments:
Good morning Kid!
Been scrolling through your Posts this morning. Some of my kids are at my parents so I get a little break. Gives me some time to do things like this.
A few things.
I was scammed this year out of $400 via Venmo while trying to buy furniture via facebook marketplace. Then when I googled how to get that money back, I was connected to India where they said that they could put it back if I gave them my bank account number. Yikes! I almost made an even bigger mistake. So, I’m out that 400 and it’s a lesson learned.
Has your doctor told you about strength training? I ask because there’s a lot of 70+ individuals at my gym who go in just for simple weights. Not really cardio to lose weight but simple weights to build strength training. I admire their dedication. Beyond that, I do wish you a fun vacation. And if you stock your pantry well, I’ll take care of your house. Ha!
What a crazy year for all of us. Obviously I’m pleased though. You know me, I’ve done drank that cool aid!😂. But you also know me and my not wanting to discuss politics with friends. And i don’t! My friends know how I vote but I don’t yak about it to them or on social media any more. But even with that, I lost 3 of my favorite friends the morning after the election. The week before, sitting with them at dinner discussing kids and a few days later, crickets😞. That came as a complete surprise and truly hurt. Again, no discussion about politics and certainly no tension.
What I do look forward though to in 2025 is the complete collapse of the media. You may think it but I hardly watch Fox. They’re boring for the most part. Mostly what I watch, but not because I agree with them, is MSNBC. Can’t stand Joe and Mika but it’s my go-to show. I love watching them freak out, get upset and Mika looking disappointed in everything and everyone. Like my 6th grade teacher always missable. So although I enjoy it for entertainment, I’m thinking they’re going soon. And with that, go all the talking points for the rest of MSNBC for the day. They say it and that’s all I hear for the rest of the day. For example, yesterday, “president musk”. Geez!
Anyway, as you would say, that’s my rant for the day.
Fred’s cooking a huge Christmas Eve dinner and already is arguing with my mom because she likes to impose herself(meals) into his plans. They argue with me in the middle but never just resolve it talking directly. Thirty plus years and it never changes🤦🏽♂️
Are you doing anything special for Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
Sorry for that super long Comment and especially sorry for any typos. I’m too lazy to go back, reread my silliness and fix it.😉
Your old Friend, m.
Mark,
Yes, you are my old friend and I welcome your comments, never too long my friend. I am lifting small weights which I feel is helping. I would never to go a public gym though. I can do those weights just as well (even better) in the privacy of my own home. About discussing politics with friends, it is a touchy subject for sure. Funny thing, I have discontinued some friendships over my friend's unwavering support of Trump (how can anyone be THAT stupid?) but that is their right to be stupid. But other friends I continue my friendship. I can't quite explain it other than perhaps my friendship with them is more important than politics. You my old friend are one of those friends.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with Fred, your kids and your family Mark. Always my best to you.
Ron
Mark,
By the way, of course you were connected to India where they tried to further scam you. Indian call center scammers have pretty much ruined India's reputation for "nice guy." Scamming gullible Americans is a big money maker for them, they brag about it. Fuck 'em!
Ron
Post a Comment