Saturday, February 24, 2024

Bill Kelly 1928-2024

 

Sergeant William Kelly, Bamberg Germany, 1951


Bill died at 12:20 AM this morning at the Delaware Hospice Center in Milford, Delaware. 

I was told he died peacefully. 

His long journey on this earth is now over. 

He is now at peace.

I know he is in a better place.

He suffered so much the past three years.

God bless his soul. 

He was my life for fifty-nine years.

I cannot imagine my life without him.

I am lost without him.

Pray for me.

63 comments:

wcs said...

You have our deepest sympathies, Ron.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Ron. It is the pain of those left behind that is hardest to bear. Your heart must be so heavy at this time but although the vessel that carries the soul has finished its duty,the soul is still alive but resting and regenerating itself for the next journey. Mourn the vessel for a while as that was what gave the physical love but the soul will find you again as the soul was what you really loved. Love is the eternal wisdom. Jacinta xxxxxx

Jon said...

Ron, I'm so deeply sorry to hear this. Of course I knew Bill was deteriorating, but it still came as a shock. You shared a lifetime together for so very many years. I know that it must feel like part of you is missing.
Losing a loved one is about the most difficult ordeal that one can endure. I know from personal experience that it's impossible to ever get completely over the loss. You and Bill had an enduring and sucessful relationship, which is a rare. Treasure the lifetime of memories and be greatful that you made Bill's final years very good ones. He passed knowing how much you loved him.
Now try to rest and regenerate.Don't hesitate to move forward and plan new adventures. I'm sure Bill would want it that way. Big hugs.

Ron said...

Walt,
Thank you. Now to deal with this loss. Something I've feared all my life with Bill knowing that he was thirteen years older than me. This is the price one pays for loving someone so much.
Ron

Ron said...

Jon,
When I during my stay at the hospice facility yesterday (from 7 AM to 4 PM), several times I got close to Bill's ear and told him how much I loved him. He loved to hear me say "I love you" but I don't usually do that sort of thing. Ihope he heard me before he left. I had a funny feeling that he would go tonight. I wish I had stayed now. You are so right, even though Bill was deteriorating, it is still a shock to the system that someone that has been part of your whole adult life (we met when I was 22 and Bill 35, almost sixty years ago), we had a good run. More than many people have. You are so right, Bill was part of me and I part of him. Now he is gone I will never feel whole again. But I am thankful that he went first instead of me. That was one of my big fears. I couldn't leave him alone, he couldn't cope plus he would have to go through the unbearable pain of losing me. I would rater me go through that pain and as you know, that is what I'm going through now. It's now 4:01AM in the morning and I don't know if I'll ever be able to sleep again. I am a little fearful of living what years I have left without Bil's steady Guinness and support and camaraderie. We were such a good match in many ways. But he did want to die because of his failing body, the biggest of which was his eyesight. It is a cliché but he is in a much better place now if such a place exists. If not, at least he isn't experiencing any more pain and suffering like he did the past three years. Thank you so much for your words of comfort Jon.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Ron, I’m so, so sorry. Hugs to you, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Even though you knew this was coming, it doesn’t make it any easier. Be kind to yourself and take comfort in the love you and Bill had. You’re a good man - also sending you strength in the days ahead. More hugs from Margaret in Rehoboth…

Anonymous said...

Ron, I am so sorry Bill is now gone, but it was his time to go. I know you are grieving but your life can now become more normal and he would want that for you. You have been dedicated to him totally for the past three years as he declined. Now it is time for you to adjust to this new situation and adapt to not having Bill around. You have years yet to live and you can enjoy your own remaining time. Don’t let yourself get into a downward spiral of grief for his loss. You must concentrate now on maximizing your own situation and look forward to each new day. I wish only the best for you. I hope you will continue to blog and let us know how things are progressing with you.
Jim


Anonymous said...

It is a such an adjustment to being “me” rather than “we”. I hope you can give yourself grace and time, and that you will take care of you. Please take care of you. Prayers for you both. Olivia

Anonymous said...

I have read your blog for a few years. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure that Bill knew how much you loved him from all of the love and care which you provided to him, Your devotion exemplified the true meaning of love. I hope that you can find solace in that somehow. BC.

Julie A. said...

I am so appreciative Ron that you have shared your life with Bill with the world on line. I tell people about the two of you often and will continue to do so. Yours is a wonderful love story. Bill may have waited to leave until you were gone so that you didn't experience that sadness too.
I will continue to send prayers and good thoughts to you as you move through this next phase of grief. Keep up the blog writing--we are here for you.
Julie

Woody in Ohio said...

Ron, my heart goes out to you. For Bill there are no more frustrations, worries,struggles or pain. He is at rest and at peace. Thank you again for the updates. Take care of yourself. I hope you find comfort in knowing that Bill loved and cared deeply for you. Woody in Ohio

anonymous said...

I send you peace and comfort at this difficult time, Ron. Bill is at peace. Life moves on as you will, too, though never quite the same. You were an amazing person in Bill's life. Comfort comes from knowing you did your very best, and that you did.
Paranormal John

VRCooper said...

Ron,

My deepest condolences.

Bill had a full and rich life and you were a big part of it. Thank you for your care and love for Bill.

Bill is at rest.

As you push forward in the coming days may the sorrow turn to joy as you remember and smile as you recall the good times you had together.

Your dedicated readers lift you up in this difficult time.

Much Comfort,

Victor
XX

Travel said...

Dear Ron,
So sad to hear this.
Take time, take care of yourself,

David

Ivy Green said...

Ron, I’m so sorry for your loss. Your love for Bill shines through as you honor his life and his passing. Our care and support goes out to you more than ever. Thank you for your courage and strength, it will help others who may yet have to go through this experience. Be gentle with yourself, grief is a physical ordeal, not just emotional. One day at a time.

Ron said...

Walt,
Thank you.
Ron

Bob Chambers said...

Glen and I are so sorry to hear of Bill's passing. It is what he wanted and what he talked about the last time we saw him. We send hugs to you....and Bill....as you go through this difficult time.

Ron said...

Jacinta,
Thank you so much for your beautiful comment. Stating the body is a vessel containing the soul is so true and appropriate. Bill's soul is somewhere now, I an convinced of that. And what a beautiful soul he did have.
The next few days here are going to be rough. I'm alright for a while then something I see around the house will remind me of Bill or someone will call and when we discuss Bill I'l suddenly choke up. Frog in my throat kind of stuff. I even did that this morning when the funeral home where Bills body is now called to arrange an appointment today for going over Bill's final arrangements. sorry for the extra long sentence. I'm not myself today, of course. I did love Bill's soul of course. He was always so good to me, for almost sixty years. Few people are that fortunate in life to find someone like Bill.
Love is eternal. Yes indeed.
Ron

Ron said...

Jon,
You are so right, with the passing of Bill a part of me is now missing. I will no longer have that steady rock in our home. That presence that I grew so used to for almost sixty years. I knew this day was coming and I tried to prepare for it but I didn't realize how overwhelming his loss would be to me. So many reminders of him in our house. I have to either get rid of them of put the ones I want to keep in a box that I could go to occasionally to relive me memories of Bill.
My problem now is that I choke up every tie I talk about Bill. This afternoon I have an appointment at the local funeral parlor to finalize Bill's find arrangement. I don't think I'll get through it without choking up. I'm an ugly cryer Jon. Ugly.
Thanks for your comment,
Ron

Anonymous said...

Peace, for all those concerned.

Ron said...

Hello Margaret!
Thank you so much for your comment. It's bee too long! You're right, I knew this day would come and yes, it is hard. Someone sad days like this are the price of true love. And indeed I loved Bill so much. I have a hard time imagining my life forward without Bill. But I must. I get comfort knowing Bill isn't suffering anymore. He was not happy at the end but was only staying here because of me. He was so tried. Both he and I had hoped he would die peacefully in his sleep but it was not to be. As one of the VA visiting nurse told me when I pressed this wish of a peaceful death in my sleep she just responded with a sad smile and said "Sadly, most deaths don't occur that way." And that's what happened to Bill. This past week was horrible. they practically, well actually had to subdue Bill t take him out of our house to the ambulance. He was fighting them all the way as he did when they took him off the gurney stretcher at the Hospice center. One of the nurses told me "He got in a few good licks." One of the EMT workers suspected Bill had Alzheimers.
Life goes forward now Margaret. Thanks agforyour comment.

Ron said...

David,
Thank you for your condolences.
ron

Ron said...

Jim,
Thank you for your helpful advice. I admit I was tempted to spiral down in grief over the living my life now without my partner/husband of almost sixty years. Today and the next few days will be difficult but I know I will get over this. This afternoon I have an appointment with the local funeral home who is preparing Bill's remains. I hope I can get trough that meeting wit choking up.
Ron

Ron said...

Bob,
Yes, that is what Bill wanted. Every day when I went down to his bedroom to prepare him for the day he would lament "Oh! I'm still alive." He said the only way he was staying here because of me. He said if I wasn't around. Bill was so unhappy at the end because he couldn't see and was so weak. This week was especially bad. all's legs gave out and one of the EMT workers who came in to pick him up off of the floor, suspected Bill had Alzheimers. Bill fought them and at the Hospice center in Milford. One of the nurses said "he got in a few good lucks" when they took him off the ambulance gurney and put him in his hospital bed. Bill was there for three days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week, dying early Saturday morning). this afternoon I have a meeting with Parsells for Bill's fina arrangements. Per Bill's wishes there wukk be no services for Bill. He will be cremated and his remains will remain with me until I die then buried with me in my coffin. I told Bill f this plan and he liked it. We then would be together forever.
Thanks Bob for our comment.
Ron

Ron said...

Julie A.,
thank you so much for your comment.
Ron

Ron said...

Olivia,
Thank you for your support. Much appreciated

Ron said...

Woody,
You are so right, Bill's difficult times have come to an end. Whatever it is that awaits us after we pass, I'm sure it is better than this life. As I often told Bill,, there is no sadness for those pass, only for those who are left behind. Bill was so ready to go.
Ron

Ron said...

Paranormal John,
Bill is at peace now. A peace he ws seeking for over three years He was never the same after he came home from the rehab unity in April of 2021. He just didn't want to leave me but I convinced him I could take care of myself. I'm a little shaky right now but I will take care of myself.Now to get rid or hide all of those reminders around the house of Bill.
Ron

Ron said...

Anonymous
Bill is at peace now.
Ron

Anonymous said...

Dear Ron. I have been thinking about you all day. Even though we have never met, nor realise that because of the internet neither you or me may be even real,you and Bill have touched me on your journey and stories through the years. It has been wonderful that you had the courage to open your lives up to allow others to see the trials and tribulations of an existence that has been a touching story of the endurance of love. Don't be ashamed that you will be bereft for a while. Pain in the heart is as natural as happiness.
Please do not stop blogging as I love following your life. Remember that England has a bit of time difference to your country but I will always be here watching,following and be full of admiration for you. Sending love to you Ron my friend. Jacinta xxxxxx

michb said...

Prayers and sympathy ...together forever ..thinking of you .

Anonymous said...

I believe, though you have years left to live, that you will one day know - with absolute certainty - that it was Bill's last great expression of love for you to lead the way to the place where your souls will meet again. I know you must be completely overwhelmed with the sense of loss. Sadness can be unbearable. Despair is not easy. But I am hoping that in time your grief somehow lessens for you. And you will find solace in Bill's physical absence. I am worried about you. Be kind to yourself and know that you are eternally loved by Bill and thought fondly of by so many others.

Anonymous said...

Dear Ron,
I have read your blog for some time. I am so sorry for your loss.
It must be hard to lose someone who you have spent a lifetime with.
I hope that your memories of all the good times with carry you through this sad time
At least Bill is not in pain/suffering anymore
Please take care and I hope you will continue to blog so I can follow your journey
Hugs
glen

Elle Clancy said...

Oh, Ron. I'm so, so sorry. I know what Bill meant to you. And you to him. What a life the two of you made together. It will take time to grieve his absence in your days. And not how he's been; the Bill of years past. Hugs from Ohio.

Mildfdel said...

As a long time reader of your blog, I am so very sorry for your loss. A true love story. Sending thoughts and prayers.

Lenore Sharp said...

You did an amazing job ushering him to the other side. Be confident that he will be waiting for you. Until then, live your life to the max. He would want you to.

Jackie M said...

Ron,
Very sorry for your loss. You have many people thinking about you now and you are not alone.

Jan uit Perth said...

RIP Bill, and wishing Ron all that's needed to deal with this loss. Do keep blogging, please. It's for many years already a blessing, every morning when I read it, over here in Australia.

Alex said...

My thoughts are with you Ron. I am very sorry for your loss.
You did a great job looking after him. Use that strength now.

pat888 said...

Ron - having shared your life with Bill for so many years , and now he is not physically present to you, will be a difficult experience. All of us, friends, relatives and acquaintances have, I believe, an understanding of the pain you must feel and endure for some time. As more than likely all of us have lost someone dear to them. I think of you constantly and send my most sincere wishes for your comfort. I considered Bill my friend too. I only had brief periods as we had each other's company during my visits with you in Delaware. Always courteous and a good conversationalist. I miss Bill too. Take care Ron and I'll see you soon.
Pat

Sheila Y said...

Ron I am so very sorry for your loss. I’ve been a reader for quite a few years but have never commented. Prayers for you as you go through this new chapter. Grief is hard but days will come when you can smile at the memories. Hold tight to those. Im sure he had no doubt of your love, you took care of him with love until the end. Prayers 🙏💕 Sheila Y

Jefe’ StClair said...

Ron, you don’t know me but I’ve been following your blog for awhile now(actually about 15 years or so) since I was diagnosed with benign prostatic something or other and your blog was cross-referenced for prostate issues then I found spo-reflections and I should be laughing and you all had in common being middle-aged, gay(and NOT ashamed in any way!!!), and long-term monogamous relationships. Been hooked on all three blogs ever since!!!🥰Anyway I am so sorry about you losing your partner Bill, but when they are in rough shape and just a shell of their former selves it is often best to wish them well on their next journey with love and kindness❤️I firmly believe that a great and grand adventure awaits us the very moment of our last earthly breath. I also believe an extraordinary and awesome benevolent entity welcomes us to that next adventure and helps guide us and gets us started. I believe that entity is LOVE… the true and pure kind…like when we hear God is love. One could extrapolate that since God is love and Jesus is God that we could learn a great deal from Jesus’ teachings. And he only taught two things really: love God first and love everyone else as yourself!!! And when asked “who are you REALLY”?, he replied “I AM”, the exact same answer as you or I in the same situation. Thank you for blogging and for the terrific example of a loving, kind, and caring long-term gay relationship ❤️you and spo and (Carlos’ partner) I don’t think you guys have ANY idea how much good you do in this massively messed-up world we live in!!!! Bill is already feeling excited and full of vigor on his new adventure and so very very glad to have left his old used-up shell behind!!! Thank you again Ron!!! Your blog friend, Jefe’

angie said...

You have my deepest sympathy.

Ron said...

Jacinta,
I thank you from the depths of my heart Jacinta for your comforting comments. One thing you said about you don't know if I am real or you are real. I can assure you I am real. Oh yes. But I understand why you would say that. Way back over twenty or maybe even thirty years ago (in the late 90's) when I first got on the Internet I was pulled in by some who were not real. I learned my lesson. Except for those two instances I have made several lifetime friends through my blog and the Internet. Folks that I have met in person (the Bloggerpalooza). About me continuing blogging, I have to Jacinta. This is my therapy or else I would go crazy. I've always had the urge to write even back when I was a goofy teenager in the Fifties and I had pen pals. And I often wondered if some of them were real! Thank you again so much Jacinita for your kindness to me.
Ron

Ron said...

mocha,
Thank you so much for your comment. I am heartened by all the support I am receiving from this blog I've been indulging myself in all these years. Thanks again.
Ron

Ron said...

Anonymous,
I sustain myself by believing that my soul and Bill's will be together again One thing I know for sure, when I receive Bill's ashes they will always be with me until I die and when I am placed in my coffin that container with his ashes will go with me.that was one promise that I made to Bill, that his physical presence will be with me for eternity. I'm not sure about the souls but do know with certainty that the vessel he occupied during his earthly journey will be with my vessel (body). anyone can find us at the Northwood Cemetery on a hillside with a good view (both Bill and I always loved good views from a hillside) in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. Bill loved living in Pennsylvania and that's were both of us will end up, for eternity.
Ron

Ron said...

Glen,
Yes, it is hard losing someone who you have spent a lifetime with. I have spent more time with Bill than I have with my parents. I always felt Bill was an angel sent to me from Heaven. Always. And I always thought that God was playing with me by sending me someone with whom I wasn't attracted to at first. I never realized how much I loved Bill until many years later when I was going to leave him. When he said to me "Please don't leave me" that's when I realized I loved this man and there was no way in this world I could leave him. What was I thinking? I would never be about to sleep at night knowing where he was, what was he doing, and who was taking care of him. There are many love stories in this world of ours and I always felt so fortunate to have the love of this man all my life. Bill was indeed Heaven sent.
Ron

Ron said...

Elle,
Oh, I am grieving now for sure. In all my eighty-two years this is the most grieving I have ever done for any living being. I thought the passing of my beloved gentle orange Pomeranian Horace was brutal. This is a different kind of grieving made more intense by having so many reminders of Bill's presence still around in our house. I know as the days go by I will come to accept his loss. Right now it is very difficult. Very difficult. At times I feel like I can't go on. But I'm just giving myself one more hour, and more more day then I hope weeks and months. I will always miss Bill. I just hope my feelings of not having him in my life won't be as painful as they are now. My one solace is that he was suffering so much and did wish to die but he didn't want to leave me. That was Bill. Unselfish to the end. Thank you for your support Elle.
Ron

A Brit in Tennessee said...

So very sorry to read this Ron, Bill fought a good fight despite his overwhelming odds.
You took great care of him, and he knew he was loved unconditionally to the very end.
Godspeed Bill, your suffering is now over.
Take good care of yourself Ron, sending heartfelt thoughts and peace your way.
~Jo

Ron said...

MIfdel,
thank you for your support. I have to tell you and all the others who have commented on my blog that I am pleasantly surprised that I have more longtime followers of my blog than I had ever imagined. You are all friends to me. Thank you.
Ron

Ron said...

Leonore,
Right now I'm hurting bad. But I feel that in a few more days I will not feel so panicked and alone, not having Bill in my life for the first time in fifty-nine years. I'm already making tentative plans to start living my life, what is left of it, "to the fullest." I love my home here in southern coastal Delaware, but I don't intend to become a hermit living here the rest of my life with only my memories of my life well lived with Bill. Bill will always be in my memory and I will always love him still while I am alive but I do intend to resume my trips with Pat. Look for us this time next year in Palm Springs enjoying Modernism Week. I don't walk so well now but I think I can still manage to get around wonderful warm Palm Springs in February during that annual celebration with my good friend Pat.
Thank you so much for your comment.
Ron

Ron said...

Jacki,
Thank you. I want you to know it is comforting to know others are thinking about me and offering their support to get me through this extremely difficult time of my life. A time I know was always coming and I was dreading it. I comfort myself knowing that Bill stayed with me a long time. This was just his time to go. His mission on this earth was accomplished. We both gave each other a good life. Lives well lived
Ron

Ron said...

Jan uit Perth,
Wow, I hae a blog follower from Australia! My good friend and former school classmate Stuart Meisel is presently visiting Australia. He lives in Florida and we have weekly Zoom meetings talking about whatever with my friend Pat Flynn who lives in Hamilton, Ontario Canaca. Stuart wants to visit that big read rock in the dessert (I forget the name). Pat and I have been ragging him about it.
Stuart is his wife's caregiver. This is his annual break. Last year he went to Denmark. Oh, it's Ayres Rock (I just remembered)!
Thank you so much Jan for your comment. I'm flattered that my blog is read apparently around the world. Now I'm a little intimidated what I write about. No, not really, I'll continue to write what spews out of this mind of mine.
Ron

Ron said...

Alex,
It took a lot out of me to take care of Bill but I was glad to do it. I would have it no other way. I loved him too much to do otherwise. I would never abandon Bill. I have to admit I am somewhat at a loss now that I have no one to care for. I think I became acclimated to taking care of someone. The only problem was this past two or three weeks I finally reached my limit as Bill's body and mind swiftly deteriorated. I'm so thankful that Delaware Hospice took him in. Bill could not have received better round the clock care, care that I could not have provided him here at our home, at their tranquil peaceful facility in Milford, just sixteen miles up the road.
Thanks for your comment Ales.
Ron

Ron said...

A Brit in Tennessee,
I was so fortunate to been able to take care of Bill for the past three ears here at our wonderful home in southern coastal Delaware. But I did get overwhelmed in the last two and a half week and especially last Wednesday when I was up over twenty-four hours staring and I still couldn't manage. I called for help and I am so thankful I got it and Bill ended his life in the best care possible here on this earth, Delaware Hospice. I'm telling you a king couldn't have received better care at the end of his life that Bill received from Delaware Hospice. I will be forever grateful to them for taking such kind, gentle and loving care of Bill at the end of Bill's life. So thankful.
Ron

Ron said...

Pat,
You know, you know. You met Bill and you know what a wonderful, caring, generous man I was so blessed to live with for almost sixty years. I lived with Bill all these years and he never put clamps on me. He told me when I moved in with him back in 194 and I told him I would still be "going out". He said "A caged bird never sings." He knew the secret to keeping me with him just as you know. Frends forever Pat, right! Now are you ready for us resuming our trips to Modernsim Week in Palm Springs next year? I may to be able to walk around like I did four years ago when we last visited Palm Springs but I will manage, even if you have to push me in a wheelchair. Love you Pat!!!
Ron

Ron said...

Sheila,
Oh for sure Bill knew I loved him. I always felt chosen to have someone like Bill want me to live with him for my whole life. How could I not? He treated my like a prince. I probably didn't deserve to be treated "like a piece" but I took it anyway. Nobody else would drive forty-seven miles each way to pick me up for a weekend with him then drive me back to my modest furnished rental apartment for over four months. bill's generosity was so far beyond anything I wold ever expect from anyone. Bill was strong and protective of me without being possessive. He knew the formula to keep us together. and I will be forever grateful to him. I have heard that over time the grief I an experience now with dissaptare and I hope I am not the exception. Today was the first full day without him and perhaps the hardest day in my life but I made it through this day. I hope tomorrow is not a bad as today was where I felt totally empty without Bill. I have a Zoom call tonight with friends. That will help. And I also had a long conversation with my cousin Barbara who was her brother's caregiver. She lost him last month. We are each others' support group. I'm getting there Sheila. Soon I will be beck to normal, but of course never the same when I had Bill as my Rock of Gibralter backup. I have no backup now, I'm on my own.
Thank you for your comments.
Ron

Ron said...

Jefe St. Clair,
I loved your comment! Bill was a shell of his former self ever since he came home from the rehab unit over three years ago During the past three yeas he gradually became even less so. These last two and a half weeks he quickly went downhill where he couldn't even stand on his legs. That's when I had to admit I could no longer care for him here at our home where was so happy. I was so fortunate to have Delaware Hospice step in and give him such wonderful care the last days of his life. My heart was fulfilled when I saw t heir peaceful and tranquil facilitity and their staff, everyone of which were so kind and caring for Bill. My thought were "We don't deserve this because we're not important. Bill and I weren't rich or connected or famous. We were just two old gay men who had been together for a long time. And yet the folks at Delaware Hospice treated us as they would t he Kinng of England or the president of the United States. And yes, I do believe there is dome great adventure that awaits all of us once our soul departs our body.. I never believed in the Christian teachings of punishment and the "your'e going to Hell" unless you praise God and follow a certain set of rules. My belief of which I have no evidence or proof, is that when you die your should departs your body which is just a vessel that it inhabits during the soul's fatherly stay. Maybe we're all aliens from another planet or galaxy that inhabits these bodies. I don't know but we sure will find out eventually won't we? The worse case would be that there is nothing and that isn't so bad either ecuase we would know nothing and have no memory. Wow, I really rambled on here isn't I? I'm just getting through the day, this day which will probably be the most diffulct of my life as I come to terms to living the rest of my live without Bill in this house.
Thanks your for your comment,
Ron

Ur-spo said...

Again I thank you for letting us be part of his and your Journey throughout this
I am glad to see you are surrounded by Love here in the comments.

Ron said...

Ur-spo,
thank you for helping me tonight with the Zoom all. I find talking with friends and others helps me to take my mind off of this tremendous loss in my life. One one of the days when I was sitting in the Bill's room at the hospice center, I casually went into my Facebook account and was taken aback by the number of rsupportuve response I had received from my two line posting that Bill has in hospice now. It was a good overwhelm, that so many were kind enough to offer their support for me through this horrible time in my life. I always expected that Bill would "go" first. God, I hope I didn't because I didn't want to leave Bill alone in the wold. He literally oudn't handle that situation. I could better than he but still, this isn't easy. But I'll get through it. I will.
Thank you for everything Micheal. I value your friendship.
Ron

Michele said...

I always wonder what to say in times like this...there are no magical words to make this easier. So instead I will say this...thank you. Thank you for sharing your life, and Bill with all of us, because of that, there are many of us who feel a little bit less alone in our own caregiving journey. Thank you for the smiles, and the laughter that you have passed on to us, you will never know just how well timed (and much needed) many of those were. Thank you for being honest, and showing the "real" side of love and a life-long partnership, through that you have shown what true dedication and love is. Your compassion and resolve to keep Bill comfortable, and happy in his own home, as he wished, is remarkable. You have done an amazing job these last few years, I know that it was not always easy, but you have helped him pass on to whatever is next for him, with dignity and respect, and for that I know that he was very grateful. I admire you. We all have different beliefs as to what comes next in the afterlife, but I do believe that whatever it is for Bill, he will be watching over you, with a smile on his face, and his beloved dogs in his lap! Take care of yourself, be kind and patient with yourself. This part is a process, and as you know, it won't always be an easy one. Know that we are all thinking of you. Big hugs...

Ron said...

Michelle,
Oh my, what a lovely comment you made this morning. Thank you from the depths of my heart. Thank you dear friend.
Ron

slugmama said...

So sorry to hear of Bill's death even though it seems it was his time to go. Prayers for you as you navigate this passage through this stage of life without Bill. You will go on and persevere.

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...