Monday, December 24, 2018

Christmas Eve 2018

Christmas 1984 with the pups - Horace (far right, the father,) "T" (middle, the Mother) and their puppy Babydoll


Here we are folks, another Christmas Eve.

For the first time in more years that I can remember I will not be working Christmas Day. I have to tell you I was a bit at loose ends not having to work Christmas Day because I am so used to working Christmas Day. 

Bill and I don't do anything different on Christmas Day than we do other days. We stopped exchanging gifts years ago. We do exchange Christmas cards in person. 

Working at the hotel on Christmas is actually very nice. The guests all are in good spirits. I can never remember a time when I had any difficulty with guests during Christmas Day. Getting paid double time is also helpful.  I need that extra money to help fund my quarterly trips with Pat. 

I have to tell you folks, I am now looking forward to spending a relaxing day at home with Bill this Christmas. I think it will be nice.

Merry Christmas to everyone!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and Bill...Enjoy your day off...Take Bill for that ride you mentioned and act like your both 40...Don't get arrested...If so, all your loyal readers can pool or monies for bail...XOXO

pat888 said...

Merry Christmas Ron and Bill. Enjoy that special day at home. Maybe put that seldom used fireplace on and play some nice music.I I'll be off to family tomorrow for a great meal no doubt and a lot of yakking. Tonite an early mass - not waiting up for the midnite one. Hope your shift tonite goes smoothly.

Pat

Jon said...

I hope you and Bill will have a peaceful and relaxing Christmas with warm wishes and blessings. I'll be spending Christmas Home Alone (no pun intended) with my cats. I prefer to enjoy a quiet holiday without all the unnecessary frenzy.

Ur-spo said...

At home relaxing: I can think of no better christmas for you two.

Ron said...

Thank you all for the Christmas wishes!

wcs said...

Enjoy your day off! Merry Christmas to you and Bill. :)

Ron said...

Merry Christmas to everyone. I'm sorry I cannot respond to your comments individually but something changed in Blogger that I can't figure out. Maybe next year!
Ron

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...