Here we are folks, at the end of yet another year. Tomorrow I will be working at the hotel on New Year's Eve. I don't mind. During the holidays like Christmas and New Year's Eve, nice folks. It's the weddings that are a trial that make me wonder why I chose hotel work as a second occupation.
Today was a quiet day. I accomplished a bit more on cleaning out my life long accumulation of things in the basement. Now that we have emptied the media room of all my stuff, I have no excuse not to go through and make hard choices.
Today I choose several pictures that I like but have no space to hang. I hope they find a happy home and are on loving display for many more years. More years than I will be alive. I also dispensed with my Sirius satellite radio and components, all gone. I listen to Pandora satellite radio on my Bose Wave radio. Much less expensive and I can program my own songs and not listen to inane chatter that is now the norm on Sirius radio stations. I also got rid of all my reunion material. Paper plates, table clothes, utensils, etc. I won't be holding any more family reunions after my last reunion was so poorly attended. A lot of expense for those reunions which few appreciated. Let someone else hold the reunions. I've done with them.
We still have a slight leak in the basement wall. Bill finally acquiesced and consented that I can call in the professionals to fix it. We can't have a leak in the basement wall. Once we get that fixed then I'll have a new wall to wall carpet installed in the media room and get that 75" TV with Bose surround sound. After thirteen years we'll have a real media room. Our very own movie theater.
I usually don't do New Year's Eve resolutions but I will this year, to finally get rid of a lot of my storage things. Some I will keep, just for sentimental reasons. But others, I will send to the thrift shop. Hopefully they will find new happy homes and live on long after we're gone.
Note: the video at the beginning of this post is of Bill at BJ's yesterday. We were checking out the big flat screen TV's. It's amazing how much the prices have dropped on those TV's. Our first "big" (40 inch) TV was an RCA which we purchased in 2007 for (are you sitting down?) $4,000! We don't even use it now. Sits in the basement unused. Someday I'll put it in the guest room. We're going big time for the next TV. By the way, you can view the video I posted full screen. Just click on the icon at the bottom of the video for full screen. I've decided to post some of my videos directly to Blogger instead of going through YouTube with all those ads.
5 comments:
Happy New Year to you and Bill!
I applaud you for cleaning out some of the things that you accumulated. It's definitely not an easy task. I still have an entire garage filled with stuff that I don't know what to do with. And everything is getting destroyed in this eternally DAMP Tennessee climate. It's presently pouring rain right now, as I write this.
I hope you have a pleasant New Year's Eve at work. Take care, Ron, and Happy New Year to you and Bill (and Pat, too!).
It is amazing how technology has changed, prices have changed. I can remember paying $300 for a 14 inch color TV with a remote (my first remote) back in 1983. $300 today will buy a whole lot more. Happy New Year!
Ron...You supplied your devoted fans a short video of the man of the house-Bill...I am a strange bird...When I view things I look for things that are not as obvious...I see Bill walking around...A strong gait...I see that he is, from what I see, recovered fully from his leg issues a while back...I can't tell you how important it is to walk daily...No I am not talking about miles upon miles...Just around the house, outside, maybe a park...Just to MOVE...It is so important to our mental and physical well being...Happy New Year to you and Bill...Glad you are paring down more and more...Be well...
Hey guys, thanks for the good wishes for the new year!
Walt in France - I wish you and Ken the best in the new year!
Jon - dampness will destroy anything eventually. I hate it. That's one reason I would live in Florida. I hope your new year brings you a lot of happiness and contentment.
David - it is amazing how much prices have changed. I remember when I brought my first computer, a Dell with 30 mb of memory for $4,000! I also bought a monster HP laser printer for $1.600. Didn't have much memory either. How prices have changed.
AlexandraVic - Bill gets around pretty good physically. He's very hard of hearing though and more easily confused but still manages. He's decided on his own not to drive, which is a great relief to me. You should have good hearing and be alert to drive.
I wish you the best new year Vic!
Ron
Post a Comment