My oasis here in southern coastal Delaware. Just short of one acre (.97 acres), I spend a lot of time and money creating and maintaining this retreat from the chaos of the outside world. Come along and experience this one minute of zen with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday
This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...
12 comments:
You really have a beautiful place there, I’m happy you get such enjoyment from it. I hope your blood pressure has come down now, I haven’t heard before of someone having it be as high as you reported earlier.
Jim
Beautiful, Ron - so peaceful and relaxing. It really is an oasis. Jon
The water feature is a great part of the atmosphere. It's a lovely piece of land you've designed and care for. Thank you for showing us.
Such a nice home---If the covenants would allow, it would be a great place for a gay Shangri La----Ala 28 Barbary Lane in Armistead Maupin's books set in San Francisco----Which was fictional but based on Macondray Lane in Russian Hill--I can see you roaming around ensuring everyone is comfortable and abiding by the house rules----Have a great weekend---
Jim,
I think that 203 blood pressure reading was a one off. At least I hope it was. My blood pressure lately has been down in the 140 range, while still high isn't unusual for someone my age (84).
Ron
Jon,
My lifetime goal was my own personal little patch of land to enjoy as my oasis from the chaos of life around me. I am so lucky to have this. I thought I had it in Pennsylvania with Bill on our seven acres of wooded land but alas, it was not to be.Our neighbors had a swimming pool (screaming kids) and ATV's which they ran all the time around their puny two acres, making our lives miserable. The neighborhood I'm living in now is transitioning from older retires like me who moved to Delaware from adjoining states to escape their high taxes to families. So far, even though I have two families who are my immediate neighbors, the kids are quiet which I so appreciate. Can't say the same for the rest of the neighborhood, a couple gay gays are fostering a brood of kids who are very noisy. Their neighbor across the street has now put her house up for sale, no doubt because of the noise. I hope I die before I encounter that noise again. At this time of my life I only want peace and quiet which is what my back yard brings to me now.
Ron
Boud,
I worked my whole life for a patch of land to provide me with peace and tranquility from the chaos of the outside world. I have it now and I savor it. A few years back I realized my one acre of paradise was missing something, a water heater. That's when I decided to add my fish pond. I so enjoy my backyard now and so do my fish!
Ron
Vic,
Never as long as I'm alive would I ever provide a "gay Shangri La. You were kidding weren't you? All that drama in my peaceful and quiet backyard oasis? That's the opposite of what I was trying to create here. Rehoboth Beach is where the local gay mafia congregates and has their drag shows, drag walks, drag breakfasts, drag scream fests, drag parties, and drag fund raisers, et al. They have nothing to do with me nor I with them.
Ron
Just pulling your chain Ron!! God you would have a meltdown if a gaggle of gays accumulated in your backyard.
I hope so Vic. The Rehoboth Beach Gay Clique already has enough gathering places here. I don't need all that cattiness (drama) here. That's the point of my backyard oasis, away from all of THAT.
Ron
Man, that is lovely! Kudos to you for keeping it up, and I hope you can enjoy it daily. Olivia
Every day I enjoy my oasis backyard Olivia!
Ron
Post a Comment