![]() |
| Sisters Karen and Dawn Tipton, Christmas 1976 |
Pictured here are two of my nieces, Karen and Dawn Tipton. Karen is the blonde.
A few days ago was her 60th birthday. Hard for me to believe that my niece is sixty! To me she will always be this beautiful innocent blonde girl child.
Karen is a grandmother now as are almost all of my nieces and one nephew. I have many grand nieces and nephews and even a couple grand-grand nieces.
Wow! I am old!
I took this picture at Christmas 1976. On a lark I entered it into a photo contest at the bank where I was working in Philadelphia at that time. Much to my surprise, I won't Third Prize! Only time I've even won a prize for the thousands of pictures I've taken in my lifetime. I'm very proud of this picture though. That's why I'm posting it now on my blog so it will live through eternity. Maybe five hundred years from now one of her descendants will look at this picture of their ancestor and say "Wow! What a beautiful child!"

2 comments:
I love the photo! I find it very mysterious in a certain way. Glad to hear they had a great life.
What are your plans with all your photos? I’m only asking because I’m the recipient of photos from both sides of the family. I kept thinking about cataloging them but never got around to it. Now, my dad has early dementia and he has no clue who these people are. Will make it so much harder for me once I do get around to organizing them.
Your Friend, m.
Mark,
Sometimes pictures come out just the right way. They "capture the moment". This picture that I posted on my blog wasn't really posed. I took several pictures that Christmas Day, my nieces just happened to be hanging on that rope. You know better than most that some of the best photos are spontaneous.
Ron
Post a Comment