A change up in my blog posting folks. Yes, I continue to grieve for my loss of Bill but I have to move forward with my new life.
This morning I noticed I have a load of Memory photos automatically created by my Mac computer. I've decided to share all these videos of my photos and videos with my You Tube account and in turn my blog. This is for posterity folks. At eighty-two years old, I won't be around much longer so I better get with it and post all these videos. I also have many old 8MM films that I converted to videos that up until now I have in a private You Tube account. I will gradually also make all those video public.
When I die I doubt that whoever goes through my possessions will find them of any importance or interest. My old photos and videos will probably end up on the curb on a rainy Spring Saturday morning after a failed garage sale. Believe me folks, I've seen those image before. I even rescued old photos and was able to find a home for them with a distant relative of those photos even though she was reluctant to accept them. I have to face the facts that when I'm gone, I may be missed by a handful of people but none of them will be interested in my thousands of photos and videos of my life. Not even Pat, being the minimalist that he is. So be it. So I will post my old photos and videos in the off chance that someone, perhaps some distant relative in the future (one hundred to five hundred years) will find the life of this one individual interesting and a bit of history to save and contribute to the history of the twentieth and twenty-first century. I may not be famous, rich or a person of incredible talent but I did live and exist in this time period and I think that is well worth preserving for posterity.
1 comment:
I enjoyed seeing the photos and I will certainly look at and watch whatever else you post. You’ve got lots of good memories.
Jim
Post a Comment