 |
| Me with my Mom and Pop 1942 Mineral Springs, PA |
 |
| Me with my Mom and Pop 1972 |
Mom has been gone for fourteen years this year.
 |
| Mom and Ron 2008 |
She would have been one hundred years old this Mother's Day.
 |
| Me with my Mom and my two younger brothers at her step sister's home in Compass, PA 1951 (guess who was Mom's Favorite!) |
 |
| Me with my Mom at her step-sister's home in Gap PA 2004 |
Even though you're not here this year Mom, here is my wish for a very happy Mother's Day wherever you are now.
 |
| Me with my Mom July 4, 2002 Downingtown, PA |
If there is a Heaven, we will be reunited soon.
 |
| Me with my Mom and my paternal grandparent's grave Union Hill Cemetery, Kennett Square, PA May 5, 2002 |
6 comments:
We have to have coffee and discuss our philosophy on parents and how they affect our lives.
BUT
Today is Mother's Day and I want to salute your Mom. As you have described, she had a hard life. But I constantly see a smile on her face. Love the picture of her with the pink hat. Looking sharp. And yes, you were your Mother's favorite. You would have had it no other way.
Have a great week.
What a nice tribute to your mom, Ron. I was my mom's favorite, too. I was an only child...so, it was me or the dog. I'm sure some days it was the dog, and I couldn't blame her. LOL!
Did you ever hear from Woody in Ohio? I realized he's been missing.
Paranormal John
I love this loving tribute to your mother, Ron. Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us.
Vic,
My Mom had a wonderful smile. Yes, I was her favorite but she loved my brothers as well. She was very supportive to all three of us but being the first born, I was the Crown Prince.
Ron
John,
I wa an only child for a little over a year. When I was growing up I wanted to be the only child. My two best friend Stuart and Larry were only children. I envied them. However, as I matured I appreciated having two brothers even though we were never particularly close. Yes, I noticed that Woody has been missing. I'm concerned. Somewhere I have his real name. I was thinking of trying to contact him. I know he was having medical issues.
Ron
Lady Caer Morganna,
You're quite welcome. I was very fortunate to have such a wonderful mother. Some people don't. I can't imagine growing up without a loving mother like i had. Now my father, that's a whole different story.
Ron
Post a Comment