My company of the past three days has left this morning.
Their visit was wonderful therapy for me in addition to having a reunion with old friends.
Jack and Judy were our witnesses to our wedding eleven years ago.
Last night we went out to dinner with their friends Margaret and Laura at The Touch of Italy in Rehoboth Beach. Wonderful dinner with old friends and new friends, this is the first time I have met Margaret and Laura. Laura is Margaret's daughter-in-law.
Jack and Judy, who arrived Wednesday afternoon, were the perfect antidote to preventing me from slipping into another bout depression over the loss of my Bill.
Hey folks, it looks there will be a life for me after all after losing Bill. Bill even sent us another signal. On Thursday night, as Judy and I were talking with each other in my living room, the overhead lights on the kitchen counter blinked on and off. They have never blinked on or off before. Never. Judy noticed. Another signal from Bill was as I was taking Judy for a tour of my Memory Room in my finished basement, the music that came on my Bose speaker (which I had turned on earlier, which was unusual because I almost never turn on the Bose speakers but I was showing off) planed "The Third Man Theme" as Judy and I were exiting the room. "The Third Man Theme" was literally Bill's favorite music selection. He LOVED that music! What are the odds. That to me, call me crazy, was Bill sending me (us) another signal that he is all right and still looking after me.
The reason Bill loved "The Third Man Theme" was because it reminded him the time he was stationed in Germany right after World War II during his Army enlistment. He visited Vienna and saw that giant Ferris Wheel. We he saw the 1949 Orson Wells and Joseph Cotten movie it brought back all those fond memories of Bill's time in Germany during those same years. Bill had a cassette tape of that music that he would play occasionally to bring back those memories. Only rarely have I heard "The Third Man Theme" play on my Pandora radio station but when I did as I was exiting my "Memory (junk) Room" with Judy yesterday, there it was. Bill sending me a message again about he was watching us and being with me and getting a kick our of me showing that room again. I will never believe otherwise folks. I so comforted knowing that Bill stops by here at Casa Tipton-Kelly to let me know he still with me.
Also, this morning I found this on my Facebook page from a former co-worker of mine. It talks about the loss of a spouse. It is so true. I will never be the same but I will survive. And especially now knowing that Bill will continue to be with me, albeit in a different form for the rest of my life.
I am so fortunate to have had Bill in my life all the years we were together and now to have such friends who are helping me.
Have a great day everyone!

7 comments:
I really connect with lines you were went on FB. Everything does change.
Andrew,
Everything and I mean EVERTTHING does change. I knew it would but I never envisioned so much would change permanently in my life. I am slowly adjusting to this new life.
Ron
Bill will always be a part of your life. Take care, and keep moving forward.
Travel (David),
You are so right. I am moving on to the next phase of my life or what's left of it. I'm going through the stages now of grief. I'm at the acceptance stage now.I realize he's never coming back.
Ron
joonaan,
What a wonderful comment you just left on my blog. I don't recall ever seeing a comment from you before but welcome. I am always flattered when someone leaves a comment on my blog that they're been reading it for years and enjoy it. I had no idea so many people were reading my blog and for so long. My main purpose in doing my blog is therapy for myself. I appreciate followers but that's not the main reason I blog. I also keep a daily journal. I've learned over the years to be circumspect with what I write in my blog especially when referring to people in my past life and present to protect their privacy. My blog is me, I'm real. I am just more careful with what I write now. Thanks again for your comment. Have a great day!
Ron
Ron is on the loose!!
I am glad you had a nice time with Jack, Judy, Margaret, and Larua.
Italian food is my Achilles heel. I could eat Italian 7 days a week.
I pulled up the menu. I'll take one of each to freeze. I love a good Calzone filled with goodies. The lasagna and Pollo Alla Parmigiana-Chicken Parmigiana look great. I will eat shrimp but I draw the line at mussels or clams. I do not like to play with my food. I want it cooked and ready to go. I will not crack a crab or shuck an oyster. Nope, Nope.
Also, what makes a good meal out is having someone to share it with.
Yes, there is life after Bill. And I am certain Bill would want you to enjoy what time you have left. Really, not like you are going to roll over next week. You are too ornery for that.
Have a great evening and Sunday.
Vic,
Italian food is my favorite also! I've had their Chicken Parmesan often during the winter when they have a half price special every Tuesday. I get at least four meals out of it. I tried the lasagna when I was at the restaurant. Delicious! I got three meals out of that one. You're right, having a restaurant meal is great with company. I've tried restaurant meals by myself, doesn't work. Sad.
Looks like my life after Bill is taking shape!
Ron
Post a Comment