Sunday, April 07, 2013

Prostate Cancer - Seed Implants



For those of you following my prostate cancer journey I found this very informative video this morning which explains clearly the procedure that I will have done to me on May 2nd.  

I am a good candidate for seed implants because my PSA score is below 10, my Gleason score is 6 and my prostate cancer is localized. 

God willing, I hope after this procedure on May 2nd, I can go home without a catheter and none of the side effects.  

Yes, I am concerned.  I try to keep myself busy but sometimes this whole thing catches up with me.  Hopefully my experience can help others who may have to deal with their prostate cancer.  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can certainly understand how this is all encompassing, Ron. I hope and pray that I never have to deal with a cancer scenario, but given enough time of life, I guess I probably will. At least there is one cancer that I will know how to deal with, thanks to your openness!
Peace <3
Jay

Paul said...

Really sorry to hear about your cancer, Ron! Will be thinking of you over the next few weeks as it will be a very worrying time. The video was most informative and sounds positive for dealing with it.

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...