Friday, January 16, 2026

Tatttoos

 

Some guys from the Seventies without tattoos


Remember life before tattoos? I do, it was back in the Seventies.

I almost got a tattoo once. That happened while I was going to Army Security Agency school at Ft. Devens, Massachusetts in the summer of 1960. 

Almost. At the last minute I decided not to go out one Saturday night with several of my fellow Army buddies to the nearby town of Ayer and get a tattoo. The Tattoo I was going to get was a small bird right above my right ankle.

 I've never regretted not getting a tattoo. I don't get (understand) tattoos anyway. Not then and not now. 

I also passed up a chance for my first heterosexual sexual experience (visiting a local whorehouse) with my Army buddies. That's a story for another day.

10 comments:

Raybeard said...

I've NEVER come to terms with anyone having tats - never had a close friend who had any. Always found them too distracting, most especially when one gets....erm... 'down to business' :-).

Ron said...

Ray,
I was once with a guy with a perfect body. Only problem was when I got his clothes off he had tattoos over almost every inch of his body. Talk about distraction. A total turnoff for me. You know what they say about floral patterns for wall paper or other surfaces, "too busy?" All those tattoos were way too busy for me.
Ron

VRCooper said...

Hello, Ronald,

I trust you are doing well this fine weekend. It's 36 degrees in Denver and they tell me it feels like 41 degrees. Go figure. Yesterday it was about the same temperature but the wind was kicking up making it seem like in the 20s.

Happy Meeting day with Pat. Eleven years. I know he has done you a world of good and vice versa.

Tattoos. I never understood them. I grew up in the 60s and 70s and knew very few who had them. They were usually a one off. Not like today where they take up a lot real-estate on the body. Today we have all kinds. Big chest tattoos, sleeve tattoos, solid ink arm bands, and what I hate the most are the folks that have them from head to toe like they are a bulletin board. They are just random ones covering every square inch. What I have noticed more recently are thigh and calf tattoos. Once again some are no rhyme and reason. I don't mind a tasteful tattoo. And don't get me started with the ones on the neck and face. Really. I would like to do a survey and find out the true reasons for getting one. Is it just for fun since everyone else is getting one or is it something deeper that has to do with masculinity. We will tackle guys with the need to smoke big fat cigars later. I see a good research thesis in the making.

I doing a social media cleanse/break since last Sunday. I do watch Ali V. on MSN Now on Saturday and Sunday for two hours each day just to see what is going on. Just more of the same really. I am just so over with the Trump administration and the feckless Congress. I would like to ask the Democrats as well as the Republican the question "Do you approve what is going on in our streets with the Trump Administration's/ Brown Shirts' private police?" I believe the members of congress think it's ok that "ICE" is discriminately pulling people out of cars, killing people, breaking down doors, going to places of employment, showing up in regular checking-in immigration hearings and pulling people out, stopping US Citizen swearing in ceremonies and dragging people out, going to elementary and high schools to cause chaos, gassing 6 month old babies, providing no due process, and the list goes on. The administration claims the agents have full immunity. I suppose they think this is ok. And we can't leave out the enablers including the US Supreme Court. I guess it's ok for a president to go into another country to obtain their oil and natural resources, kidnap their leader and bring them back to the US for a criminal trial. I hear one of the charges is owning a machine gun. Really? Is that were we are? And when the American people rise up in protest, the administration initiates a criminal investigation of the states governor and mayor. The administration wants to employ the insurrection act to change the rules of the game. Yes, I am tired of hearing it and seeing it. Seeing the videos are gut wrenching and know for sure this is not America. The fever has to break and soon or we will not have a democracy much longer. Rant over.

Have a great Saturday evening and Sunday.

Best,

Victor

Raybeard said...

What a hideous image you conjure up with your 'perfect body' guy. Of course we've all seen pictures of these types on our laptops but unlike you, I, for one, have never met such in real life - and if I ever did it would be an absolute turn-off for sexual activity of any kind Why on earth do they do it? Do they really think it's sexy? Sheeesh!

Ron said...

Ray,
This was a small guy but very muscular and well proportioned. He said he just got out of the Marines and was going to get married but wanted to try gay sex just once. When he took his clothes off he had tattoos all over his chest, arms, back, legs and even his buttocks. The only place he didn't have tattoos was on his neck and face which was nice because he was a handsome fellow. I just couldn't get past the tattoos. Total turnoff and of course he was disappointed that I couldn't "perform" for his last wish before getting married. What a waste. I never forgot that episode. If he just didn't have all those damn tattoos.
Ron

Ron said...

Vic,
I concur with everything you said. I'm sick to my stomach with this Greenland obsession that Trump has. The United Sates doesn't need to own Greenland, Denmark has given the U.S. permission to build as many bases as it wants. Trump just wants to own that large land mass. He wants what he wants and it's about time someone said "NO!" to him. If any generals are admirals follow his illegal orders to invade and take territory from a NATO ally they of course should be held accountable. They're afraid of losing their pensions if they don't follow Trump's illegal orders? They're definitely lose their pensions if they do because Trump won't be around forever.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ron! I’ve posted on here before, but I can never get it to connect with my Google☹️ But anyway, those guys are gorgeous without the tattoos. But I must confess, I like a man with tattoos. I’m in my mid 50’s, so it could be a generational thing. I had a boyfriend, years ago, with a thigh tattoo. After a while it became a turn on. Especially when I was “down there”. I don’t comment often, but I do enjoy all of your post! And read them all. I love when you blog about the early days in Provincetown! Must have been a great time! Keep being the voice of reason! Hugs,
Sam

Ur-spo said...

I would want to change the tattoo regularly which isn't allowed so none for me.

Ron said...

Sam,
I always enjoy reading comments from readers of my blog who never commented before. Gives me a reason to continue my blogging, which at times over the past twenty-six years (yes, I've been blogging that long), I have considered quitting. Sometimes I even bore myself with my blog but then I realize I have something to say that maybe others would be interested in. And of course my blogging is my form of therapy for myself because I would never consider going to see a shrink even though I like Spo a lot and he is a dear friend.
Ron

Ron said...

Spo,
Maybe one tattoo I can handle but not a body full of them, especially a beautiful male body. Why mess with perfection I say?
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...