![]() |
| Pat and Glenn at Glenn's home in Cathedral City, CA (Palm Springs) Feb. 17, 2025 |
Normally, this time of year I would be preparing for my annual trip to Palm Springs to help celebrate Modernism Week with Pat and our friend Glenn. Not this year though. I have to cut back on expenses. Maybe next year, if I'm healthy enough. Or even here.
Glenn has a movie star home in Cathedral City, right next to Palm Springs. Visiting Palm Springs was a holiday Pat and I eagerly looked forward to every year until the COVID epidemic descended upon us. Then I was caregiving for Bill for the next three years. Last year was the first time in five years that we returned to Palm Springs and Modernism Week.
Now that I'm no longer working and Bill's Social Security income is no longer contributing to the Casa Tipton-Kelly household coffers, I have to cut back on my wild and reckless spending. Even if I did have the money I doubt if I would physically be able to endure the plane trip out and back. I almost didn't make it back last year, getting lost at the Dallas-Fort Worth airport for my connection back. Then once I get into Philadelphia I have to make the long trek back here to my home in southern coastal Delaware, another two hour trip. I'm just not up to it folks.
Don't cry for me Argentina though, I have many fond memories and I still have my dear friends Pat and Glenn. Thank God for FaceTime and Zoom.

No comments:
Post a Comment