Wednesday, December 10, 2025

Blue Spruce

 

Me, visiting our former property in Pennsylvania that went into foreclosure.

One of my all-time favorite trees is a blue spruce.

This photo was taken August 23, 2011 at our previous home in Pennsylvania. We had 6.875 acres of wooded land in East Brandywine Township in Downingtown, PA. Both Bill and I loved that property. We lived there for twenty-five years. We had to move because we could no longer afford the school/property taxes. 

Bill missed that property until the day he died. He was so happy when he lived there with me and our three Pomeranian pups. The mother, father and their puppy. Those were the days.

These days, as I near the end of my life, I think a lot about those wonderful seemingly never ending days when we lived our lives without the worries that we have today with American being slowly destroyed by the reckless and chaotic leadership of Donald Trump and his enablers and cult following. My MAGA brother still lives across the street from our former home, on separated by a small forest of trees. I guess he's happy, I wouldn't know because I haven't talked to him for about three years now. He's lost in the cult.

I remember when I bought that blue spruce tree. It was only a small (one foot) tree when I bought it at a local garden center. I always wanted a blue spruce tree. Over the years it grew up to be that wonderful, perfectly formed blue spruce. This photo was taken when Bill and I made one of our periodic visits after the buyer of our former home went into foreclosure. We visited maybe a dozen times before the new owners bought the place for a bargain price of $302,000 (we sold it for $500,000). One of the first things the new owners did was cut down that beautiful blue spruce tree. 

This is what I do these days folks, when I spend most days living here in Delaware in my solo existence. Oh sure, I married Pat but he continues to live at his home in Hamilton, Ontario Canada. He can't sell his home until the housing market improves. He also took a big loss like I did on his previous home sale. Something else we have in common. I talk to him every day on FaceTime but I do live alone here in southern Delaware and that's just fine with me. But I have to admit, I do miss my previous life with Bill. I thought those days would never end. But they did. I feel like I'm in a transition period now until I rejoin him in Heaven. 

This I know, I will die one day. We all do. I also know that one of two things will happen when I die. Either my spirit will go on to my eternal home or there will be nothing. The latter I don't believe at all but there is that possibility I guess. I've been pretty brainwashed my whole life so I cannot completely dismiss that possibility. But there are stars in the sky and that means something. 

One day. Not too long now.


3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

You will bury us all; I look forward to you burying me.

Ron said...

That ain't going to happen. I'm twenty years older than you. I'm on my last legs literally. I promise to come back an haunt you though. Your guest room still open. I can share with Henrik.

Mark said...

Bill was such a great guy. I think of him sometimes when Fred is fixing something around here that I would absolutely call in a repairman to help with. They’re called “men” and they’re hard to come by. I’m so glad that you invited me to see your former home. Your Friend, m.

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...