Last night I stayed up late to watch the Jimmy Kimmel Show live. I'm so glad I did.
My belief in the fundamental right of all Americans to free speech was reinforced by watching his show.
When I first realized that Trump and his thugs were now attempting to muzzle Jimmy because The Big Baby got his feelings hurt, I thought "Here we go, Disney is caving just like the law firms, ABC, colleges, Republicans in Congress, et al". I was sick to my stomach. One thing I always took for granted as an American was our right to free speech, no matter who didn't like what we speak. Of course there are limits as the right of an employer to fire their employees for inappropriate speech. Also limits like not hollering "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater. But the fundamental right of free speech, just like I'm saying that Trump is an wannabe dictator and the greatest threat to our democracy since the Civil War.
3 comments:
Every single day without exception when I wake up and turn on the morning news, uppermost in my mind is the hope (a forlorn one, alas - so far!) that the Orange One has at last finally and fatally croaked. Of course it'd be a grossly unfair tragedy if he'd gone without facing any of the multi-consequences of his idiotic actions, but the actuality is that the entire world is going to pieces due to just this one person - like NEVER before! But if the rest of us are to survive at all - just go, go, GO!!!!
Ray,
You think it's bad from your location? You should experience it right here. What saddens me and still shocks me is the utter cowardice of those business titans and Congressional Republicans who know how bad Trump and his thugs are but are too craven and cowardly to do anything about it. And to top everything else off, the 6-3 dominated Supreme Court is corrupt now. They are useless. Worse than useless. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare from which I will never wake up from.
Ron
Ron, I can't (and don't) claim to know what it's like in the flesh for Americans, but I doubt if there are that many Brits losing as much sleep over the situation as I am.
Post a Comment