Here we go folks, another Fourth of July!
This year we are faced with an existential crises, our very democracy is on the line.
A failed reality TV show star and con man/crook has succeeding beyond his wildest expectations of conning millions of gullible Americans that he is the ONLY person who should be the next president of the United States.
Hey folks, I'm no fan of the doddering old man who is currently our president, Joe Biden but know this, I would vote for a dead Joe Biden in his coffin before I would vote for the Traitor Trump.
I am very surprised and saddened that Trump has managed to con many otherwise "normal" Americans into believing his shit. What the hell is the matter with these people? Sure, Joe Biden is a piss poor communicator (I can't stand to watch and hear him slur his way through yet another speech).
Sure, Trump is entertaining like an old Jewish Catskill comic (which is obviously where he learned his stichk from during his youth). But this country doesn't need an entertainer, especially a crook like Trump who only cares about himself and seeking retribution on those who don't bow to his childish narcissism.
Sure, we can do better with our politicians. We have several good ones, of both political parties. As regular followers of this blog know I used to be a Republican before I left the party when George W. Bush and Karl Rove tried to end my VA benefits (thankfully the Senate put a stop to that and Bill and I were grandfathered in). That's when I realized the Republicans are only interested in cutting taxes for their rich friends and keeping the poor and downtrodden poor and downtrodden.
I left the Republican Party after Pat Buchanan's speech at the 1992 Republican Convention speech which he vowed to keep gays like me as second class citizens. I chill went down my spine when I saw all those clean cut lily white conventioneers enthusiastically applauding his denigrations of gays like me. That's when I realized that if our country was like Nazi Germany, this "nice" Americans would be quite comfortable seeing gays like me in a concentration camp. Seriously folks, that's the way many of them think under their veneer of respectability. These days the Trump Republicans don't even bother with that a veneer of respectability. Gays again are being used as the boggyman to get the white Christian Evangelicals to the polls to vote the cowardly Republicans in power to stave off the Hordes of Diversity.
With the now failed Supreme Court who are quickly reversing all the progress that's been made over the last seventy years (and believe me, gay marriage is next then reversing Brown Versus Board of Education). Clarence Thomas, Samuel Alito, Bret Kavanaugh, and Neil Gorsuch are all bought and paid for.
Today we can still celebrate our gained freedom that the Fourth of July denotes but will we be able to celebrate this time next year? Will the law in this land finally be applied to Donald Trump and his lifetime of crime? Will the law be applied to his enablers who attempted to overthrow our government on January 6th? Will the inept Justice Department and FBI finally get off their asses and DO SOMETHING? And not be intimidated by the threats of physical violence by Trump and his mob of supporters? I really don't know folks. Time will tell.
But today I celebrate the Forth and our freedom. My freedom to write this blog post.
I have faith that right will win out. There are more of us than there are of Them. We see the trailer park trash to goes to Trump's rallies but Trump's support is much deeper than those fools who Trump has successfully suckered. Even though most of the Republicans put their own selfish interests first by staying in power than their oath to the Constitution, I am confident that history will treat them as the spineless, self-serving cowards that they are. Even those like Chris Christie who slam Trump now but when questions would they vote for Trump is he was the nominee, they always answer "Yes." WHAT THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH THESE PEOPLE?
I think the answer is they're afraid if a Democrat gets in power that the minorities will invade their homes and take everything they own and the gays will turn their children into drag queens. Really folks, that's what many of them believe. Sad isn't it?
My rant is done now. I feel a little better.
Happy Fourth of July everyone and I hope I'm here next year to post another Happy Fourth of July.

4 comments:
what a downer - but it's all true.
Happy Fourth of July! No matter how screwed up the political scene is in this country I still love it and would not be anywhere else. Ron speaks the truth in his own words. It is not what anybody really wants to hear or admit to but there is no denying it. I come from a very long line of staunch Republicans including a 4 time govenor of the state of Ohio. When I was a teenager I started to notice a change in direction the Republicans were taking. I tried to maintain and align my views with the old time Republican party which sadly no longer exists. Today I align my politics with todays Democrats however do not declare either party when I vote. I vote for the man or woman with the views and ideals I believe in. I am a fan of the YouTube MeidasTouch program. I do not totally agree with every thing they espouse but I get excellent information and insight that allows me to do research and form my own opinions. Us older residents of Cincinnati remember when Trump got his ass in deep trouble when he was accused of practicing racial descrimanation in the housing market. Fred Trump purchased Swifton Village in the 1960s and sold it in 1972 after a suit was filed against the Trumps. It was settled out of court. Donald had been sent home and Fred cleaned up the mess. You can read about it even today in local publications. I used to see Trump out and about the town from time to time. I remember my grandfather meeting Donald in person and afterwards remarking "now that's a man who thinks his shit don't stink!" Okay everybody I have said my piece/peace s I see it. Enjoy the rest of the week. I certainly enjoy blogs, bloggers ( lord how we miss Anne Marie Warrior Queen ) and blogger veiwpoints. Be safe, be careful and BE HAPPY as you can be. Woody in Ohio
Ur-spo,
Hey birthday boy! Yes, Trump and our current political climate is a massive downer but I have confidence that we will correct and finally hold Trump accountable for his lifetime of crime. History will remember those cowardly Republicans who enabled this monster.
Ron
Woody,
Always a delight to read your comments. Very interesting about your family's interaction with The Criminal Trump. I too used to be a Republicans and am still conservative at my core but I do believe in equality, of ALL PEOPLE. Today's Republican Party is nothing like the Republican party I used to know. I too am an Independent but I register as a Democrat because I want to vote in the primaries. I would register as a Republican but I can't stand that party anymore.
Ron
Post a Comment