Sunday, July 02, 2023

Happy 59th Anniversary

 

Bill and me this morning on our back deck quietly celebrating our 59th anniversary

We made it folks! Today is our 59th anniversary of our meeting July 3, 1964. 

Me and Bill about 1972 in Philadelphia, PA

Wow! That was a fast fifty-nine years.

Ten years ago we were officially married on our forty-ninth anniversary. We were the second same sex couple to be married in Delaware. 

One more year to go to reach that lofty goal of SIXTY years together.

I think we will make it!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both!

Jim

VRCooper said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VRCooper said...

This picture brings me to tears!!

Happy 59th Anniversary!!

The stories you have told!! What an eventful partnership. The good, the bad, and the ugly!!

I know you would not have it no way.

The Ronettes-the folks that follow you-wish you and Bill nothing but the best. Bill looks good. Give him a peck on the check for me.

Happy 4th. Now get in the kitchen and make Bill some strawberry shortcake with REAL whipped cream.

XO

PS-We'll talk about those pants later. I kid!! I grew up in the 70s. Graduated in 1976. I know those fashions all so well. We will talk later about the purple fake fringed suede vest I wore everywhere. You should see me in platform shoes of the day. I was about 6 feet 5 when it was all said and done.

Woody in Ohio said...

Congratulations! 59 years together is a rare and wonderful thing for a same sex couple. Certainly an acheivement for any couple strong and wise enough to endure the trials and tribulations of it all. I am so happy for you and i am grinning and smiling as I look at your official 59th anniversary photo. You both look fantastic. Crack On as they say in England. Enjoy the day. Love and a whole lot of best wishes from Woody in Ohio.

Ron said...

Jim,
Never in a million years did I think I would be with one man for fifty-nine years. What a life!
Ron

Ron said...

Vic,
You like this blue plain pants I was wearing? WHAT was I thinking? I got rid of those pants. I still have jeans from my adult life. Many I've already sold on EBay. I never throw away jeans.
Bill and I have had quite a life and even at the end, this is good. We're been so fortunate. Not only to be together this long but to have had the good life we've had. Hopefully we have a couple more years.
Thanks for your good wishes.
Ron

Ron said...

Woody,
Thanks for your good wishes. I remember the first time I heard of a same sex couple being together fifty years. It absolutely blew my mind. I almost couldn't process it. And here Bill and I are at fifty-nine years. Hopefully we can make it to an even sixty years!
Thanks for your good wishes.
Ron

wcs said...

Wow! You guys are amazing and inspirational! All the best...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, young-at-heart guys. With good luck you guys will make it. Marriage is the right and true thing for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Love and Kisses 💋

Ron said...

Walt,
We're still here! Can't say the same for next year but we're shooting for our 60th. We have indeed been blessed with a wonderful life. Thanks for your good wishes!
Ron

Ron said...

Anonymous,
Marriage was and is the right life choice for us!
Ron

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you. How wonderful you are and how wonderful others via the net get to see . Congratulations!

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...