![]() |
| Me getting ready to visit my friends Bill and Janet and their family - Christmas 2003 |
Tis Christmas Eve already folks, and nary a mouse is scurrying around the house (I hope not!)
Last night was a little busier that usual at the hotel. Room heater not working, no WiFi signal, where to park . . . the usual. Kept interrupting my nap time (not serious hotel owner if you're reading this blog). SMILE.
At this time of year I remember years past when I was invited to my old school friend's house for Christmas dinner. Bill and his wife Janet put out the perfect "Father Knows Best" Christmas celebration.
![]() |
| Opening presents at the Brookover's Christmas Day family celebration - 2003 |
I've included some photos of the last Christmas Day I spent at their house in 2003. Again, I am surprised at how fast time goes by. Remembering that Christmas, it only seems like three or four years ago. Eleven years! I can just imagine where I'll be eleven years form now; probably six feet under in my plot at the Northwood Cemetery in Downingtown, Pennsylvania. It's ready folks, just a matter of time before I make that Final Appointment. But for now let's remember fond memories of Christmases past.
![]() |
| Me with my friend Ruth Brookover at the Brookovers' Christmas Day Dinner -check out my Christmas shirt (I still have it) 2003 |
Also, this time of year I think of my Mom. Today would have been her 91st birthday. Happy birthday Mom.
![]() |
| My Mom, Betty Tipton, the last year of her life - 2010 |




23 comments:
Merry Christmas Ron, to you and yours!
That beautiful Betty smile ....
~ Canuck
Happy Merry Glad Tidings and all that jazz!
Sean
www.idleeyesandadormy.com
Ron,
Yeah, I was surprised when I saw how long ago it was you went to the brook overs. It seemed like just a couple years ago to me, too.
Lar
Your Christmas memories are always appreciated. That's a sweet photo of your Mom. Have a warm and peaceful Christmas Eve,
Sweet post, Ron. Merry Christmas to you and Bill!
I'll be alone tomorrow, which is OK. I am going to see the Forbidden City exhibition at the VA Museum of Fine Art. I figured if they are going to be open, I should give them a reason to be. I suspect I won't be the only person there.
Then I will cook a Christmas dinner, and later on, RB may be coming over (if not tomorrow night, then Friday), and we'll have a second Christmas day together!
MARRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Peace <3
Jay
ps...note that I got rid of the "Jamie". G001e protested, but I won the battle.
Merry Christmas, Ron.
Merry Christmas... and here's to a FABULOUS 2015!
Have a very happy one, Ron. Thinking of you, wishing you well - and everything that goes along with it..
Hey Ron - nice card. A very merry and blessed Christmas to you and Bill. Love the pic of your mom - she looks so bright and with it in that shot. Always loved the name Betty. Wishing you a prosperous, happy and healthy 2015!!
Pat
Thank you George. Same to you.
Ron
Right back at you MAC!
Ron
A wonderful Christmas to you and your family too Bob!
Ron
Thank you Canuck. Mom was known for her genuine, warm smile. One of the things I miss the most about her.
Ron
Sean,
My best to you and your family always!
Ron
Lar,
That old hour glass is running out isn't it? A "couple of years" all too easily turns into eleven years.
Ron
Jon,
Your Christmas memories are always appreciated also! I just read your blog last night. We have very similar views of Christmas. You're one up on me though, I never got to sit in Santa's lap.
Ron
Thank you Jay. I hope you have a splendidflourous holiday!
Ron
Ray,
Always my best to you and your devoted feline following.
Ron
Pat,
Thank you. Oh how I wish you could have met my Mom. Everyone loved her. Even at the end when she wasn't quite herself. I think your mom and my Mom had a lot in common. Wouldn't it have been great if they knew each other? I always think of the "what could have beens." (smile) Have a wonderful Christmas Day with your family Pat.
Ron
what lovely photos; you have the best collection of photographs.
I and they say "Ta!"
Thank you Dr. Spo. I have hundreds (if not thousands) still be be scanned. But ironically, there are huge chunks of my life when I didn't any photographs at all. I missed so many opportunities, especially taking photos of myself with friends, which I never thought of then. Now, as you know, I always try to include myself in the selfless that I take.
Post a Comment