Sunday, May 24, 2026

Why I'll Never Forgive Trump

 

Me and my Canadian husband, Pat. 


Of all the horrible and despicable things Trump has done, and they are legion, the one thing I can never forgive him for is permanently damaging the United States relationship with Canada. 

Canada is our best neighbor and ally. 

Canada and the United States are the only countries in the world who have never been aggressive towards one another......until now. 

Trump, who views anyone or country who is nice as a weakness in his mob mentality mind, has chosen to bully Canada. Of course Canada cannot and will not be bullied, especially by a fake bully like Trump. 

Since I met Pat I have visited Canada several times. Every time I visited I felt the pressure of hate release. Canada has a very diverse population. One thing I noticed right away (and I wasn't looking for it) was the absence of glares from so many white people of others who looked different and were dressed differently than they were. Especially the Muslims with their 10th century gowns that so many of them still wear. I can just imagine the hateful stares a Muslim would receive at a Home Depot of Lowes should they appear in that garb.

Since I married Pat, some people have asked me "Why didn't you move to Canada?" Great question! Believe me, I thought of it seriously. However the main reason I cannot move to Canada is the reason I'm in Delaware.....taxes. Canada has high taxes. I moved from Pennsylvania to Delaware because I could no longer afford to pay the high school and real estate taxes in Pennsylvania. I loved living in Philly but I couldn't afford those taxes either. Philly's sales tax is 8%. Canada's is 15%......on everything including groceries and clothing. At least Pennsylvania doesn't charge sales tax on those items.

Another reason I wouldn't move to Canada is because I'm an American and I refuse to be run out of my own country by Trump and his thug Republican enablers. 

I still believe in the basic goodness of Americans even though so many have been revealed to be Trump supporters, which I will never understand as long as I live. That they can't see the con man who is destroying America is beyond my comprehension. Maybe in my Afterlife that answer will be revealed. 

But for now I'll weather the storm that is the Trump Disaster.


11 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Your sentiments, I believe, are expressed by many. Certainly, I do agree with your statements

Elle Clancy said...

Every day it gets worse, I swear; there is no bottom for this administration. And miss me w/that nonsense yesterday (the latest assassination attempt). I was thinking of moving back home to Philly (Yardley) area; my kids are both there now. Oh my god, both the cost of real estate and its taxes are insane. Friends have suggested I look in Delaware; just not familiar w/it. I'm really hoping to just win the lottery, and I won't have to think about costs...Hope you and Pat have a wonderful time together!!

Ur-spo said...

He certainly has shown he is a monster.

Raybeard said...

He'd only give you his approval (as if really you wanted it!) if you and Pat moved to China or Russia - or North Korea. Gawd help us ALL (= the entire world!).

Anonymous said...

Non-Taxable Groceries (0% Tax)Essentials for human consumption are tax-free, including:Fresh, frozen, or canned fruits and vegetablesMeat, poultry, fish, and eggsDairy products and most breadFlour, cereals, and basic baking ingredients.
The only food that is taxed in Canada are snacks and prepared meals.

Ron said...

Such a shame the way Trump disrespected Canada and Canadiens. What a piece of trash Trump is.

Ron said...

Elle,
Just when you think it can't get any worse with Trump, it does. Right now he and his goons are systematically looting the government and angling to get a get out of jail free card for their crimes. And the Republicans let him do it!
By the way, that's why I moved from Pennsylvania, the taxes were way too high. I couldn't afford to live there. Delaware is much better for seniors. Climate is milder too and now I have the best neighbors I've ever had in my life. Of course almost all of them are tax refugees from PA, NJ and NY!
Ron

Ron said...

Trump is evil incarnate. Truly. He is soulless. No morals or character at all. He's nuts. And the Republicans who let him get away with his crimes are Quislings.

Ron said...

Trump would never give me his approval because I would never kiss is fat ass like the Republicans, corporations and MSM does. They're all cowards.

Ron said...

This I did not know. I've been with Pat when he's been grocery shopping. I was pretty sure there was tax on his grocery bill. I'm so thankful I live in Delaware. NO SALES TAX!
Ron

Anonymous said...

Au Canada, nous savons que nous avons de beaucoup amis aux États-Unis, malgré Trump et son acolytes.
Monsieur Dupuis 🇨🇦

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...