Wednesday, May 06, 2026

Interesting Things Happening Lately

 

Me and Bill June 9th, 2013

Something strange has been happening lately. 

For the past two nights Bill hasn't visited via that burned out Christmas light. There have been occasions in the past two and a half years since he died that that light has went out. Funny thing though, one of the other lights occasionally flashes on big then goes out. Now that has me thinking, "is someone else trying to contact me?" 

Well, I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking maybe I'm going Looney Tunes here at Casa Tipton-Kelly. 

There are some other strange things happening too. About nine-thirty at night I'm exhausted. So exhausted I can't even stay up and watch the opening of Lawrence O'Donnell's show "The Last Word." And when I say exhausted I mean I feel like I just ran a 26 mile marathon. 

Maybe my prostate cancer is really taking off. It's hard to tell because I'm always in pain from my arthritis. Especially my lower back. My legs feel like wooden tree trunks. I can hardly move them by the end of the day.

Interesting thing though, when I get up in the morning, even though my whole body is stiff and aching with arthritic pain, I have a lot more energy. That's when I do my walk and any activity outside like working on my pond. I love working on my pond. Seeing my gaggle of goldfish, most of whom were born in that pond, swimming around happily. There is even a big bullfrog that has taken up residence. Makes you wonder, where did he come from? I had the same situation at our place in Pennsylvania, build a pond and the frogs will show up. That reminds me, when I was doing my mile walk this morning in the Oyster Rocks development, the one behind me (I went there to get new scenery), I came across a baby turtle the size of a nickel. Of course I rescued it and carried it to the water retention basin at the end of my development. Good deed for the day Ron.

Some other interesting things is that I'm losing a lot of interest in the current news. Oh sure, it's all fucked up with Trump and his lackeys and criminal cohorts but I'm finding I just don't care. This is what the majority of Americans voted for? Go for it stupids. Too stupid to even know when they're being hoodwinked by a liar and a con artist. I'm moving on from that mess. Maybe it will straighten itself out, maybe not. I just don't have the energy to care anymore. Still, it surprises me how may feckless cowards there are in Congress, the media and big business. They're all in it together. I guess I always knew that.

Well, I hope that absence of the Christmas light not coming on doesn't mean I won't see Bill in the Afterlife. Even after two and a half years I still miss him every day. I never knew anything could hit me this hard but it has. I just learn to live with it until I can be together with him in Heaven. I'm pretty sure that will happen, probably sooner than I think.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I forget about the cancer; I hope still you will bury us all - especially me .

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...