Friday, May 29, 2026

Summer Season Has Arrived!

 



The summer season is on full bloom!

Last weekend was Memorial Day Weekend, traditionally the start of the summer season. However, last weekend was a washout. It rained every day. Didn't bother me because I don't go down to the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach and I certainly wouldn't go down on the start of the summer season. I stopped doing that years ago. It just wasn't worth the hassle of people, traffic and parking. The only exception I make is when Pat comes down. I let him do the driving. He likes all that activity and of course I like being with Pat. I enjoy life and all the activities so much more when I'm with Pat. Bill was like me, a stay at home. I'm sort of in the middle. I like activity but not by myself. I did that for many years when I was with Bill. 

Pat will be here next week (Sunday). After a day's rest (he drives down), we'll take on the Summer Season at the Nation's Summer Resort. 

Note: 

I've decided to approve any comments on get on this blog. There is a troll who takes delight in leaving hateful comments. She knows who she is and I do too. My apologies if I inconvenience anyone else who has been following my blog. Shouldn't make too much difference anyway because I don't receive that many comments. Those I do I appreciate and value.

6 comments:

"Tommy" said...

That is disturbing news about this blogger Troll. Whoever she may be, she should mind her own business. I get comments from about four regulars who read my blog. I hope she disappears into the online world.

Ron said...

Tommy, that was my thought exactly. Why doesn't she just mind her own business? She says hateful things about me and Pat. Why? I think she's a Trumper and she didn't like some of my anti-Trump posts. She's of that ilk that if you don't worship Dear Leader then you must hate that person. Ironically Pat likes Trump. We don't argue about it and he doesn't hate me because I have different views and obviously I don't hate him. Of course Trump is evil incarnate who is doing everything he can to destroy America and the world because his narcissism and need for attention is insatiable. But there I go again. Probably get another hateful comment. I'm on Threads. I get the hateful bots. I just delete them like I delete her hateful comments.
Ron

VRCooper said...

Ron---Is there a way to block her---Oh yes, Happy summer----

VRCooper said...

Is your approving comments working. There is no notice saying the comment has to be approved before posting.

Ron said...

I decided not to do it Vic. I'll just delete her comments after they post. I don't want to put others to the inconvenience.

Ron said...

Perfect summer day here in southern Delaware today Vic. 68 degrees, low humidity and breezy. Of course I don't go down to Rehoboth Beach and the boardwalk where it was probably a great deal chillier. Way too crowded. Maybe next week Pat and I will take the shuttle bus down to mingle in the crowd and get the summer vibe.

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...