Sunday, July 13, 2025

Roof Walking


My handyman cleaning out my roof gutters and installing gutter guards


Who is that on my roof? 

I can tell you who it's not......me!

I finally had gutter guards installed in two areas of my roof that constantly get clogged. 

That guy on my roof is a handyman who was previously working on my neighbor's enclosed deck.

For most of my years with Bill, he did this handyman type of work, including walking on roofs. Of course his later years he didn't do any roof climbing. And of course I wouldn't dare. I get woozy when I step on the second step of a foot ladder to change an overhead light.  Bill, in his good days even worked at the top of the Sears Tower in Chicago installing the antenna for General Electric.


Bill worked at the very top of the Sear Tower in Chicago to install that antennae 

At one time I even walking on our roof at our house in Pennsylvania during the construction phase. Of course this was back in the spring of 1980, when I was young and physically fit like this young man. I even have a picture somewhere of me on that roof but I can't locate it now. Which reminds me, I've only scanned about forty percent of my photos. I haven't scanned pictures since before COVID. I better get on that project before I check out for good.

Back to my roof. Every year I have clogged gutters from those three river birch trees in that photo. In the spring it's the seeds and in the fall it's the tiny leaves. Always a headache to get someone over her to clean out the gutters. My previous guy, I've had to call him three times and he still didn't come. I decided to seize the opportunity of asking my neighbor to ask her handyman if he could come over and clean out my gutters. Well, he not only cleaned out my gutters but he suggested putting in gutter guards, which I consented to. Now I won't have this problem every year of clogged gutters.




Owning a home, the maintenance is constant. But I much prefer to own my own home especially Casa Tipton-Kelly which is the culmination of my lifetime quest to have a perfect home. 

I'm so happy this job is done now. One less worry.

Next!


1 comment:

Raybeard said...

How anyone could have worked on the top of the Chicago tower is beyond me - with all praise to them. I get dizzily pre-fainting just looking at it - no, just THINKING about it.

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...