Saturday, July 19, 2025

Up Early For A Return Trip To Lowes


Bill at Lowes March 13, 2020, ten months before his stroke of January 12, 2021. He was so healthy then. We both thought we would live like this forever. How quickly thing change in life. Appreciate what you have now because you never knew when that life  you take for granted is snatched away from you And then you're a sad puppy for the rest of your life like I am now.


 Up early again this morning to take that weak sauce pond pump back to Lowes. 

Oh I really like to travel early (6 AM) down Route One.

No problem returning the pump and receiving credit on my credit card. The Return clerk asked no questions. Good. I was ready this with answers.

After that successful transaction I decided to roam around the store to see what was new. Bill and I used to go to Lowes all the time. Bill loved the lumber section of Lowers. I like the smell of cut wood and of course, all those gorgeous men up early to get their contraction products. I miss those trips to Lowes with Bill. Always reminders like this that make me sad how much I miss Bill. But I keep reminding myself that Bill is no longer suffering and is a much better place now, waiting for me to join him. 

I was pleasantly surprised by all the new products. The store seemed refreshed. Maybe it's because of the competition with Amazon. Whatever the reason, I decided I will make more early morning trips like this to the wonders of Route One. For the past several years my forays out of Casa Tipton-Kelly have been to Food Lion, Peppers Greenhouse, and Restore Thrift Store and once a month to BJ's in Millsboro. It's not until Pat comes down that I vary from my tight radius places I visit and spend money. 

In Lowes I found a disco light. I've been wanting for some months now to find a disco lamp to replace my dazzling bling Christmas tree in my upstairs window to show off to my neighbors. Who knew I only needed a light bulb? It's on now and it is exactly what I wanted in that window. I've always like the sparkly colors of a disco bulb. Makes me feel good.

3 comments:

Raybeard said...

Appreciating the present - what you already have - can be far from easy, most especially when one is suffering physically from some injury or ailment, the suffering being so overwhelming sometimes. Mental suffering is often so internal and not obvious to the onlooker that in a sense it can be even worse, though I've been lucky in that (and, fortunately, with physical pain too) I've had little more than the short-lived disappointments in life that are just part of everyone's experience.

Ron said...

Ray,
One of my main goals now is not to fall down. Just this morning I was talking to my friend Stuart on Zoom (our weekly Zoom call along with Pat, Stuart lives in Florida). Stuart's wife fell a couple months ago and broke her arm. She just got the cast off. I've never broken any bones from my falls but I have dislocated my knees, both the right and left knee. The last time my fall resulted in my tearing my quadricep muscle. No more falls for me. Did you know that was the cause of death of Dame Edna (Barry Humphries)? She/he fell. I think next to heart disease, fallen is one of the leading causes of death of older folk. That's eventually what did Bill in. He passed out (from a stroke) and fell and got a brain concussion. He was never right after that the three years I took care of him.
Stay safe Ray!
Ron

Raybeard said...

Well, well! I also am hell-bent on NOT falling over (again). If I did it could well be the end of me. Every day for the last perhaps 6 months I've done exercises in keeping balance and safe walking. Each time I have to go out I'm terrified in advance and try to be conscious of every single step I take.
No, I didn't know that was behind Dame Edna's passing. It's so darned easy to do too.

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...