This is where Pat and I stayed during our second week in Palm Springs.
It was unit 326 in the Ocotillo Lodge complex, a complex of former motel units one by the old time cowboy star Gene Autry. These units are now condos selling for about $500,000 each.
I thought Pat and I would be married by now (it's taking quite awhile for Pat's K-1 VISA approval, probably more now that Trump and Musk are in the process of destroying all of our government services), and this was to be our honeymoon suite. As it turned out though, Pat loved this unit. We looked at another that was for sale ($525,000) that was slightly bigger (590 square feet compared to the 525 square feet of this unit) that Pat loved even more.
One day, if and when we finally do get married (that is if our corrupt Supreme Court doesn't find a way to nullify same sex marriages and now that Trump has made enemy out of our good neighbor Canada), Pat will buy one of these condos. We will then be a Two Home Family. A home in Palm Springs (always both of ours dream) and a home here in southern coastal Delaware where we would live during the really brutal heat of summertime Palm Springs.
We can dream but hey, so far my dreams have come true. I have this beautiful home here in southern Delaware and I have Pat. The only "fly" in the ointment is Trump and Musk trying to destroy our country. And they're working hard at it aren't they? My question is why? Is it all about giving more money to the super wealthy? Don't they have enough already?
How anybody could have voted for Trump is truly beyond my comprehension. Trump is such an obvious crook. Something I will never understand, how otherwise competent thoughtful people could vote for such chaos. One of the great mysteries of our times I guess.
I don't plan to leave my home here in Delaware but if, for health reasons I do have to leave, this is where I will go. A much better choice than any assisted living facility.
2 comments:
I am glowing from the memory of seeing you and the others
A very nice reunion indeed.
Post a Comment