Thursday, March 27, 2025

Got My Hearing Back!

Fishermen on Wagonmond Pond, Milton, DE

 Good news folks, I have my hearing back! 

Wednesday I had a CAT-SCAN taken of my left ear. I haven't received the results of that CAT-SCAN but I do now have my hearing back which is wonderful!

By the way, the picture at the beginning of this post was taken of Wagamon Pond in Milton, near the facility where I had my CAT-SCAN. As you probably know, I'm always on the lookout for an iconic scene. This one was perfect although the two people on the boat kept moving about. There was actually a better scene but by the time I parked my car and hobbled up to the road to take this picture, they had relocated to a different part of the pond.

This photo was taken in the early morning light which is always the best time to take photos. Second best time is late afternoon. Worst time is high noon.

Again, great news, I have my hearing back!  


2 comments:

Jim Austin said...

Nice Photo. Good news about your hearing coming back. Did you do anything to make that happen? Do you know what was causing the problem? You ears can get blocked from flying. There is a particular technique to clear them. I couldn't remember the name so I had to ask Microsoft Copilot. Here is the response I got:
The technique you're referring to is called the Valsalva maneuver. It involves pinching your nose shut, closing your mouth, and gently exhaling as if you're trying to blow out through your closed nose. This creates pressure in the throat and can help equalize the pressure in your ears, relieving that blocked sensation. It's commonly used during changes in altitude, like when flying or diving.
Just make sure to perform it gently—too much force can potentially harm your ears.
Maybe that was your problem.

Ron said...

Jim,
This is good advice. I'll try it if I ever fly again.
Ron

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...