
The waiting room at my ENT doctor's office
Yesterday morning I had my ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat) visit to the doctor. I actually saw a PA (Physician's Assistant) but I got an answer to my ear problem as well as my on going phlegm situation in my throat that I've been having the past several years.
For my ear problem, she's scheduling a CAT-SCAN to make sure that there isn't "something else" going in with that dried blood behind my left ear drum. Yes, I still have plugged up "underwater" hearing in that ear. She's also ordered a series of drugs that I have to start taking. I'm turning into a regular pharmaceutical warehouse. There was some confusion as to where the drugs will be coming from. I think I got it straightened out that I get my drugs from the VA in Dover, not the local Walgreen's which charges an arm and a leg for drugs. I have my personal health insurance but I use the VA for my drugs. Always confusion when those two worlds collide. The medical establishment is getting better at navigating this area although it's taken too long.
The problem with my phlegm (constant clearing of my throat) is Laryngopharyngeal Refux. Talk about a mouthful. Look up LPR but it basically is the backward movement of my stomach enzymes and acid in my lower throat region. Now I'm know I'm putting you all to sleep with this so I'll wrap this up right now. The bottom line is that I'm finally doing something about my failing body, or at least slowing down the deterioration. At least I don't have the problems Bill had with his swallowing.
So how is everything else going in your life Ron?
Now my concern is do I keep my riding mower. How's that for a change of subject?
Seriously though, mowing my own grass is getting to be a real chore, especially maintenance of my John Deere Riding Mower. The oil needs changed and this is something I can't or want to do. I can't find anyone in this area of Slower Lower Delaware to perform this maintenance on my mower. The guy who used to do it retired. There are no replacements. I'm screwed. I'm done with mowing anyway. Last year I couldn't do it in the really hot and humidity of mid summer. I had to pay $60 a week to have my local landscaper Jose mow my lawn. He did a good job at a reasonable price, still $60 a week is an expense I don't really want to have now that I'm not working at the hotel or have Bill's Social Security income contributing towards the household expenses.
Say something nice Ron.
I really can't because my overall concern now is how Trump and his minions including that immigrant bastard from South Africa are destroying out government and reputation around the world. We're fighting Canada? Why? Speaking of which, my marriage to Pat has been indefinitely delayed because the American Embassy in Toronto has yet to interview Pat for the final step of him getting his K1-VISA approval for us to get married. This was the last step. My application was approved before I left for California. I got a notice that it would be "two to four weeks" until the American Embassy would interview Pat. It's been six weeks so far. The South Immigrant Bastard probably had Rubio fire all the embassy staff in Canada. Lovely times we are living in huh? Never in a million years would I believed that I would be so ashamed of the country I live in.
4 comments:
Glad to read that you are making progress in identifying the cause of your ear trauma and LPR.
There may come a time when you just might have to bite the bullet and hire a gardener for the mowing. We can't have you out there in the heat of day. A small yard maybe but not your estate.
Please have a great Sunday afternoon and week.
Vic,
I'm going to do a hybrid situation. I'll mow during the regular weather but when it gets to humid and unbearable, I'll hire Jose.
Ron
Tut! time to hire someone to do the lawn for you.
I still enjoy mowing the lawn but not every week. I think I'll transition out the next few years to eventually have Jose take care of my lawn the whole season as I transition into my old age dotage.
Post a Comment