Thursday, March 13, 2025

Ear Injury



Dallas-Fort Worth Airport February 2025 - where my ear injury probably occurred



 Ever since I returned from my trip to California my left ear had been plugged up.

Whenever I talk I feel like I'm talking underwater. 

This usually happens when I fly in a plane, pressurized or not. It's especially bad when I've flown in an unpressurized plane. 

Usually this condition clears itself up in a day or two. Not this time though folks. My left ear is still clogged up.

Two days ago I saw my audiologist. She took one look in my ear and said "Something is going on in there." Turns out I have dried blood in my ear canal, next to my brain.

She advised me to go to the Urgent Care Unit, which I did. They agreed that I "have a  problem" and advised me to see an ear, nose and throat specialist.

Easier said than done. 

The earliest the ear, nose and throat specialist could see me was NEXT FEBRUARY! Yes folks, February of 2026! 

Well, obviously that isn't acceptable. 

I made some calls around and got lucky. Really lucky! The other ENT doctors also had long wait times but the one nearest me, which is the one I wanted anyway, just had a cancellation THIS FRIDAY! 

Tomorrow at this time I will be at that office and hopefully get this ear problem fixed. 

I'm hoping the doctor can flush out the dried blood. One thing is for sure, I'm not taking any more flights.

I had trouble with this latest plane trip because of my mobility problems but now with damage to my ear, never again. 

I'm slowly fading away folks. It's all right though, one day closer to being with Bill again.

2 comments:

VRCooper said...

Hello, Ron,

I hope you get to the bottom of your ear issue tomorrow. What is our world coming to? Having the next available in February 2026 is just not acceptable. Who in the right mind thinks that is ok. If a practice has next available that far out and they are getting calls left and right for appointments and there is none to be had it is time to be thinking about adding another provider to the practice. Maybe even consider early /late hours and weekends. Bring in a retired person who may work some hours. How about a few 3rd years residents and the seasoned provider can review all evaluations and care plans and keep it moving. I remember back in the day-80's, 90's-if a practice accepted a patient's insurance there was a contract with the facility that new and return patients had to be seen within certain days.

Hopefully this is not the end of your flying. Have a discussion with the provider of preventive steps when you do want to fly.

Have a great Thursday afternoon and evening.

Best of health,

Victor

Ron said...

Victor,
Here in Sussex County Delaware we have a problem with medical providers. The population growth has been so rapid, that the medical establishment hasn't caught up. There is a severe problem with medical providers, even more so now that Trump and his unelected co-president is fucking around with the VA medical establishment, it will get even worse. Even though we have an overload of older folk down here, the medical establishment cannot attract enough doctors to this area because we are still so backward for amenities that doctors don't want to move down here with their families. Thus we get the foreigners, from India and Nigeria and other foreign lands; anywhere except the United States. We don't even have plane service down here even though we have an airfield nearby that services the Arab sheiks luxury planes. You know the problem I have just getting to the airport, Philly or Baltimore which is two and a half hours away. I pay $150 for a one way ride which is cheap compared to the commercial rides offered at $400 plus tip (which they tell you up front you have to pay). Everything is all fucked up these days with Trump and his sycophants and traitors in charge, especially The Immigrant From South Africa who is apparently in charge of wrecking our government. And for what reason? Just because Trump thrives in chaos. Not a good time to be alive. I hope I can get my hearing back in my left ear tomorrow during my appointment.
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...