Charles Phoenix is the best!
This is one of the people Pat and I will see when we visit Palm Springs in a couple weeks.
Our first encounter with Charles was one of those double decker tour buses that take tourists like me and Pat to visit celebrity homes.
Pat and I were up front right next to Charles as he conducted a very enthusiastic tour of past celebrity homes. The only downside was I didn't have too much leg room for my long legs on that bus and I wasn't wearing sun glasses. Lots of Palm Springs sun the day we took the tour, upper level of the bus.
Pat and I both love these classic old cars.
I'll make sure to take at least a few pictures of us all together and maybe even a short video.
Hey folks, I'm getting hyped up for my Palm Springs holiday. This will probably be my last hurrah. I'm going to make sure I go out with a bang.
2 comments:
Somebody calm him down and tell him to lay off the Red Bull!! He is out of breath.
I do love the car though. It was made three years after I was born. I remember my father having a few big cars like that. We even had a station wagon in a mint green color with the back, back seat facing oncoming traffic. Also in the late 60's he had an Impala in a fancy blue color. The door was like a bank vault door and the room in the backseat was spacious.
I wish they would make the cars of yesterday with today's sensibilities. All cars today look the same in shape and color. I do see a few break-out colors and finishes. Remember when cars started to transition to SUVs?
Have a great weekend!!
Vic,
Yes, I noticed Charles was out of breath when he was doing his narration on this video. He's better when he slows down. Oh how I used to love each year when the new models came out. Me and my friend Larry would make a special trip to our nearby town car dealership to get the new brochures of the new models. You're right, all the cars look the same now, no imagination or style. Can you imagine though driving around one of those cars with the big fins today?
Ron
Post a Comment