![]() |
| Staples Amazon Return Center this morning....no line! |
Just got back from Staples in Rehoboth Beach.
Yes, I braved the Black Friday traffic on Route One to return two items to Amazon.
I was hesitant to venture out on this day, knowing the roads and parking lots of the outlet stores would be full on this Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year. I was going to wait until Sunday but I said to myself, "Myself, don't let the traffic intimidate you. Go out and get these returns out of the way."
As it turned out I'm glad I did. Since I left early (before 9 AM) I was able to avoid the really heavy traffic that is probably clogging Route One now (11: 30 AM as I'm typing this blog entry). However, I did have a parking problem. The Rehoboth Beach Staples is located at the Seaside Outlets. Route One has three big outlets for selling tax free merchandise. The parking lots were FULL. Oh yes, FULL!
I parked in the nearby Acme supermarket parking lot. I could use the walking exercise.
I was fearing a long line in Staples for returns to Amazon but I was lucky, only me in line. I took care of business and was on my way back home. I got that out of the way.
I'm trying to get myself into gear to address my Christmas cards now but I just can't. Once I get on my computer I like to check out You Tube videos. The next thing I know an hour has gone by. This morning I was checking out old Betty White You Tube retrospectives on her long career. Oh how I loved Betty White. She was about the same age as my mother who was also named Betty, not "Elizabeth" as was Betty White. My Mother even looked like Betty White. And like Betty White everyone loved my Mother. I of course was her favorite as her first born.
"How was your Thanksgiving Ron?" Glad you asked. It was very nice. I had Stove Top stuffing with thawed out Butterball sliced turkey breast that I cooked this time last year. Tasted just fine to me. I had a biscuit and three bean salad to complete my Thanksgiving meal. Later I had a pumpkin spice cream cheese filled pin wheel. And yes, I had Thanksgiving dinner by myself. I do prefer my own company. The only exceptions I make are for close friends like Pat and Glenn. Occasionally other friends venture into my world and we go out for lunch (that's you Mark and Judy).
I really should go out and mow the grass now. The temperature is forty-seven degrees and the grass is still wet. But the lawn here at Casa Tipton-Kelly is starting to look shaggy. I don't want to get a reputation as a lonely old man who lives at that property with the unkempt lawn lest people will start talking. I don't need any more pity, I provide enough pity for myself. Oh yes, I still miss Bill terribly. I know now I will miss him the rest of my life. That's something I will have to learn to live with.
Pat keeps me good company during the day with our frequent FaceTime calls and I call my friend Glenn in Palm Springs on Zoom several times a week. But today Pat is on a long trip (fourteen hours round trip) to pick up a Mustang car near Detroit. Yes, he had to take his passport with him. I told him to make this his last long trip. Fourteen hours is a long trip for a seventy-five year old man. I wish he was down here living with me but I'm still waiting for his K-1 VISA application approval. Still nothing. Just like those Christmas stamps I ordered from the U. S. Post Office a couple weeks ago, still waiting for them. That was a mistake ordering them through the mail. I had stupidly assumed since the mail is the United States Post Office that I would receive the stamps fairly quickly. Not so. I hope I get them before Christmas.
Well, I've rambled enough. It is time to mow my grass.
Have a great day!

2 comments:
Be careful out in that wet grass. Won’t the mower leave ruts? Olivia
Hi Olivia,
I think I've mowed my grass the last time this season and none too soon because it is cold now. And yes, my mower will leave ruts because the ground is soft. I tried to be careful though.
Ron
Post a Comment