One of my very rare video blogs also called a "Vlog."
I've been meaning to post a blog stating my opinion on Joe Biden running for president.
First of all, if Biden doesn't drop out and runs for president, I will vote for him. I will vote for Biden even if he is in a coma. Sometimes I think Biden is in a coma. But I won't go there now.
Did you watch The Debate? Biden with his mouth agape while Trump spewed his diarrhea of lies. Obviously his staff has been lying to us. Biden is OUT OF IT.
Thank you Uncle Joe for your fifty years of service but it's time to retire. You have a nice place here in Rehoboth Beach, only about four miles where I am now. I'm looking forward to hearing those Secret Service helicopters go over Casa Tipton-Kelly signifying that you finally woke up and realized THAT IT'S OVER.
8 comments:
Yeah. One bad night on stage trumps 4 years of dedicated service and restoring the country Frump wrecked.
Seems fair.
Never mind that all the major news sources are literally owned by Trump supporters pushing this “Biden’s incompetent” bullshit.
And, sure, Democrats and the rest of the country will suddenly jump behind a brand new candidate pulled out of our ass in the final hour.
No wonder the Republicunts keep winning. We stab ourselves in the back over and over again. Maybe it’s time to take a play from their playback and unite against a common enemy instead of tearing ourselves apart from within and turning on each other when things get tough.
Joe’s not perfect. but but we’re voting for one man. We’re voting for an ideology; for a cabinet of wise and compassionate and democratic supporters; for multiple Supreme Court justices;for Kamala and Pete and all the people that are part of his administration. And we’re voting against tyranny and Nazism. Please stop helping them spread the false narrative that our candidate is suddenly incompetent. If they were so sure of that, they’d be thrilled he was running. Hitler was a great public speaker. Did that make him a better leader?
Don’t be an inadvertent ally to the MAGA Cult. Please.
*NOT voting for one man*
I echo Sassybear, every word. I just don't know what people are thinking. He drops out, you hand this country over to Trump. And he is truly probably senile but all the other awful things we all know he is. Our lives, and absolutely 100% the lives and freedom of my children, would be over.
My insane racist Maga relatives would love Biden to drop out.
And I just don't know how people think Biden is truly senile. The debate was bad, yes. He had a cold, yes. His stutter impedes his quick response. We all know all of these things. But I've watched interviews since then; press conferences since then. He's fine. He's old but he's fine.
I pray we follow Great Britain and France, and wake the hell up.
Ron, my mouth was also agape at the speed and brazenness of Trump’s lies. No one could have countered that. He is a rare specimen.
Here’s how my favorite historian Heather Cox Richardson describes it.
“It went on and on, and that was the point. This was not a debate. It was Trump using a technique that actually has a formal name, the Gish gallop, although I suspect he comes by it naturally. It’s a rhetorical technique in which someone throws out a fast string of lies, non-sequiturs, and specious arguments, so many that it is impossible to fact-check or rebut them in the amount of time it took to say them. Trying to figure out how to respond makes the opponent look confused, because they don’t know where to start grappling with the flood that has just hit them.”
I fear what Republicans will do in the breach if Joe drops out.
PS: please keep vlogging! We love to see you and hear your voice. I’ve been a long time away from my Philly-area accent. I probably still sound that way myself but nobody else around me does.
Sassy Bear,
I understand agree with any of your points. But I firmly believe that Biden is not capable of communicating. We need someone who can communicate why voters should vote for Biden over Trump. Biden let one Trump lie after another go unchallenged during the debate. I've always been frustrated with career politicians who are so insular in that DC Bubble, that they cannot communicate with the average American voter. Say what you will about Trump, he can easily communicate with his base. Biden can't. Biden' can't even complete a sentence. And what really angers me is that his staff has been lying to us. Sure, I knew Biden was getting older and weaker and feeble. I even excused his stuttering, an affliction I had until I was six years old until I made an effort to get rid of it. Now Biden and his family have circle the wagons. They're doing what is good for Joe Biden and their family, not the country. What hubris! Then Biden has the gall to say "Only God almighty could tell him to get out of the presidential race." And what if he doesn't win? Biden's answer is "I did my best." You know what, that's not good enough. Do what is good for the country now and exit Joe. Thank you for all that you have done for the country which is a lot and thank you for your fifty years of service but now is the time to go. I know what I saw on that debate stage and that wasn't someone who I think should be leading ou country for the next four years. Give someone else a chance Joe, you're not the only one.
Again, expressing my opinion on my blog. I understand other may disagree with me. That's fine, I have no problem with that. But this is what I see and feel. I am a voter and I deserve not to be lied to as Biden and his staff have been gas lighting us for the past years. Biden with have a press conference and he will screw up. Guarnateed. That's what Joe does. Give him a pass and we will lose the presidential election to Trump which will be a disaster for this country if not an end to life as we know it. Wake up Joe.
Ron
Elle,
I don't agree with you. If Biden runs we will hand the country over to Trump. Biden is not capable of articulating a reason to vote for him. Biden is incapable of communicating. I wish he was but Biden has never been a good communicator and now that he is old and feeble, he can't even complete a sentence let along keep his train of thought. I know what I saw at the presidential debate and it was bad. Very bad. That debate showed me that Biden's staff and enablers have been lying to us. And that makes me mad as hell. In some ways they're no better than Trump.
Ron
Ivy Green,
Trump lies like the rest of us breath. His base knows it and they don't care. This country needs a Democratic candidate who runs against Trump who can communicate a reason to vote for him or her. Not a feeble old man who can't complete a sentence or keep his train of thought. I may sound harsh about Biden and I am because he's hanging on thinking he is the ONLY person who can beat Trump. I don't agree with that assessment. One thing I'm fairly certain of, is that Biden isn't going to beat Trump if he has another performance like he did on that debate stage.
Ron
Post a Comment