Friday, April 01, 2022

Paused

 Some days are better than other days. 

Usually when that happens, I don't post.

I'm changing that dynamic.

When things aren't going well I'll post a short message "Not a good day."

Yesterday wasn't a good day. Someone tore off my mailbox lid. That has to be replaced.

Yesterday morning was especially difficult getting Bill ready for the day.

Then to top everything else that I had an "issue" with someone who I care very much for. Probably my fault. 

This morning I have yet another dermatology appointment. I am so sick of all these doctors' appointments. 

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’m glad to see this change. I worry when you don’t post. I wonder why someone would vandalize your mailbox? I hope you can resolve the issue you spoke of. Doctor appointments are definitely a drag. Have you heard anything about that last test you had, the bone marrow biopsy? I hope today is a better one for you.

Jim


Ron said...

Jim,
I think it was an accident with my mailbox. the door was open and a care came by too close and tore it off by accident. I just bo back from my dermatologist. Burns some spots off. I have a doctor's appointment next week to go over the results of my bone marrow biopsy. Feeling a little better now except for those burned off spots.
Ron

Breenlantern said...

It's a new day and another chance to right that which is wrong and have a better experience than yesterday. Hope things go better for you today.

Sassybear
https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

Ur-spo said...

I hope you do post on 'bad days'
First of all it will be therapeutic for you.
Second, we get to see all of you.
Third, offer support and let you know you are loved.

Woody in Ohio said...

Ron,
It is always good to hear from you. I find your life to be very interesting. When I first became a reader of your blog I quickly realized that are lives are very similar in many ways. I find it all very fascinating. Never a dull moment do we have in our lives. I am interested in learning the outcome of your bone marrow biopsy. My PCP is trying to convince me to have both another bone marrow aspiration and a bone marrow biopsy. My white blood cell count is elevated again. I am also having pain in the area of my spleen. My red cell count is low. I have been living with CLL for almost my entire 69 years. It was not diagnosed until I was 40. The advancements in the field of Hematology at that time made it possible to discover it. Since that time I have had between 30 and 40 bone marrow aspirations and biopsies. For me they have been painful and tough to endure. The field of hematology and oncology have learned new methods over the years and the procedure is now less painful. Since I have no family I just say Que Sera, Sera and go on but it is different for you. You got Mr. Bill to look after. So follow those doctors suggestions and orders and make sure to ask lots of questions. Mr. Bill is counting heavily on you. Your reward should be some reasonably healthy and very much enjoyed final years of a life well lived. I am sorry if I am preaching but I am big on my friends living their lives to the fullest and being happy. Take care, be safe, and BE HAPPY! Positive thoughts are being sent your way from Woody in Ohio.

VRCooper said...

Hang in there, kid!! You are built of sturdy stock.

Remember to seek first to understand. I know you will work it out with the misunderstanding.

I need more information on the lid missing from your mailbox. How in the hell did that happen. Those things don't just fall off.

Have a great weekend.

VRCooper said...

Hello Ron,

I love the stories of Bill.

What I love most is that Bill is getting around walking and getting a little exercise. The garage thing made me smile. I used to work in a convalescent home in my early 20s and one of our patients who had Alzheimer's Disease-we didn't have "memory care centers" back in the day-got out and was in a neighbor's garage. The center is set in the middle of a residential area. We had to run down the street a fetch our patient. We looked familiar so he agreed to come with us. Most of our patients would sit for hours on end each day. Those that could walk, even assisted, we would get them up and take them for a spin around the facility.

I have the mindset of quality of life versus quantity of life. If I am terminally ill and there is no hope for me, take me out. Even if I lose my marbles and I am just taking up space let me wander in the wilderness and put an end to it. No suffering is my mot

Be healthy,

Victor

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...