Thursday, January 06, 2022

Things Other People Have On Their Bucket List I Have Zero Interest




 Today I was so busy updating my new iPhone that I don't have time for a proper, interesting, thoughtful and erudite blog posting. I will write about my iPhone upgrade travails in a future post but for your amusement today I have this back up blog posting. 

As you can see I do intend to post daily this year. Today is almost over (it is 10:30 PM EST time now) so I still have time. 

Last night I was discussing with Pat my not political correct list of things ARE NOT ON MY BUCKET LIST. 


  1. Climb El Capitan (or any mountain)
  2. Do the CN Tower Toronto Edge Walk
  3. Skydiving
  4. Swim With The Sharks
  5. Attending a Justin Bieber Concert (or Mariah Carey)
  6. Hunting - Big Game Safari - Killing Wildlife
  7. Going on a Carnival Cruise or any other cruise
  8. Bungee Jumping
  9. Attend a bullfight/run with the bulls
  10. Get a tattoo/body piercing
  11. Visit a vineyard (Tuscany or Napa Valley)
  12. Attend a Donald Trump Rally
  13. Polar Bear Plunge In Icy Cold Water
  14. Attend a Broadway Show ("Hamilton")
  15. Attend a amateur poetry reading
  16. Race Car Driving
  17. White Water Rafting
  18. Skiing (snow and water)
  19. Ride a bucking horse/wrestle a bull in a rodeo
  20. Run a marathon (I can't run, body is not capable)
  21. Ride a submarine (too claustrophobic) 
  22. Ride a rocket into space (too claustrophobic)
  23. Live/retire in Florida (too humid and too red)
  24. Vote Republican (this from a former longtime register Republican). 

I'm sure there are many more things I could list. These are the ones that first came to my mind. 

"Running with the bulls?" That's like asking "How would you like to be gored in your groin with a sharp bull horn?" No Thanks!

If given a choice between running with the bulls and attending a Broadway show like "Hamilton!", I would choose "Hamilton!, painful as that might be. At the end of that play they would probably have to also carry me out on a stretcher because my mind would be so numbed by boredom, I would probably be in a catatonic state. A least I wouldn't have a bull horn in my groin. Close call though.
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha that's so funny about choosing between Hamilton and running with the bulls. I don't want to see Hamilton either. Also might be bored to death, but better than gored to death? Eh?

Ron said...

Anonymous,
"Bored" to death? Did you mean to say "gored" to death? Either one is bad. Watching the Broadway show "Hamilton" would surely bore me, perhaps not to death but a catatonic state. Running with the bulls I would probably be gored, with in the crothch too. Either one is bad, bad, bad. For the life of me, I can't see the attraction in either activity. But then that's me.
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...