Many thanks to long time blog follower "Vic" who brought to my attention that my posting dates were blacked out. A few weeks ago I struggled through updating my blog format and I inadvertently blacked out my posting date. Blogger used to be easy to change formats but several upgrades ago I lost the ability to easily make changes to my blog.
I have a problem with "upgrades." Maybe it's just me but every time I have an upgrade, I find things harder to use. I see where MAC OS has an upgrade, which I'm going to do as soon as I complete this blog posting, which will undoubtedly make using my iMac even harder to use. It says there are upgrades to FaceTime, which I use all the time. Here we go. I'll tell you what I need an "upgrade" on, my garage door. I was able to get it working yesterday by cleaning off the electronic eye sensors at the bottom of the garage door but I still don't have confidence the garage door won't go wonky again. Tomorrow the garage doors come by. Fix it please!
Tomorrow Ryan, who is fixing my basement wall leak is coming by to apply more epoxy on around the sealant around the sewer pipe exiting our basement wall. Fix it please!
Last night while I was talking to Pat on FaceTime, I got something in my left eye (probably one of those old man errant white spikes eyebrow hairs that stick straight out). I was in so much pain that I had to abort my usual Saturday night activities (movie in the Tipton Cinema) and took to bed. When I woke up this morning the pain was gone and apparently the eyebrow hair but my eye is still sore. I've had this problem before. Just another "benefit" of being an old man.
I can't believe I'm still somewhat functioning at eighty years old. My body is so stiffened by arthritis that I have to take at least ten minutes to limber up in the morning. When I roll out of my bed to put on my socks (I don't sleep with my socks on), my Charley Horse cramps start attacking my legs. I have to jump up and down to shake out those Charley Horses.
Once I complete my morning bathroom ablutions, including the morning BM that must be obeyed, it's downstairs to get Bill ready for the day. I've already went over that routine in previous blog postings.
Today, every Sunday I have a weekly Zoom call with my friends Stuart, Larry (both classmates from first grade) and Pat. Four old men who get together and go over our maladies. Today the subject was asking Pat how his fellow Canadians felt about watching the slow descent of their southern American neighbor into autocracy through the Trump controlled coward Republicans who are actively planning on stealing the next election. And believe me, what not may be obvious to Americans who are in the Fox New Bubble, our long take for granted freedoms are about to slip away to the lifelong criminal Donald Trump. Whoops! Here I go into a political rant. Back to a nice blog post that doesn't offend anybody.
I hope this time next year, COVID will be far behind us and I will be preparing for my annual visit to Palm Springs with Pat and attending Modernism Week. It will be after a two year absence. Of course I won't be able to go if I'm still caregiving for Bill which takes priority. Palm Springs can wait, even if it is years down the road. I don't know how much longer Bill will be here but Palm Springs will always be in the Coachella Valley in California. Palm Springs can wait.
Have a great week everyone!
3 comments:
you have a good week too
Thank you Dr. Spo. You too have a good week!
Daddy Ron,
We are all in this together.
If you want to do a political rant go for it. It is your blog.
Let me say this if the United States would have followed public health guidance for COVID two years ago we would be in a better place. Yes, COVID would still be here and probably be on a low simmer and not a full boil. Pat is probably shaking his head and shouting "Those damn, crazy Yanks!"
Best,
Victor
xo
Post a Comment