Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Bill Moves Out Of the ICU Unit


PAM Rehabilitation Hospital of Dover

 Bill was moved out of the ICU unit this morning to the stroke unit at Thomas Jefferson University Hospital in Philadelphia. I inquired if he had a stroke and I was told, no, the stroke unit is a step down unit prior to releasing him from the hospital.

He's scheduled to be moved tomorrow to PAM Rehabilitation Hospital in Dover for physical therapy. I inquired as to how long he would be there and, even though all case are different, I was told "one to two weeks."  


34 private rooms like this

I cannot visit Bill at the rehabilitation hospital because of COVID but he is closer, only about forty miles up Route One from our home here in southern Delaware. God bless that case worker who placed Bill at this rehabilitation hospital. There were five choices, of which I couldn't choose but some of them were in Maryland and New Jersey. 


Rehab center (I've been in these, twice!)

I wasn't able to talk to Bill today yet but I hope I can before the day is over.

Today is a new beginning in more ways than one, Joseph R. Biden was just sworn in at the 46th president of the United States. Bill has survived and is on his journey to regain his strength so he can come home here and we can be together again.



13 comments:

Joel Reisteter said...

Our prayers are working for you, Ron & Bill. May God Bless both of you with a few more years of healthy, happy married life.

As for President Biden, may he stay healthy and strong, also. Our four-year-long nightmare is over.

Anonymous said...

Happy days are here again,
The skies above are clear again
Let us sing a song of cheer again
Happy days are here again,

All together shout it now
There's no one who can doubt it now
So let's tell the world about it now
Happy days are here again,

Your cares and troubles are gone
They're be no more from now on
Happy days are here again,
The skies above are clear again

Roderick

Walter said...

that is good news. I hope he comes home soon and the recovery will go well so you can have more good time together.
Best regards Walter

Breenlantern said...

Great news. Hope he’s home soon!

VRCooper said...

Good News!! Be well!!

Julie A. said...

I check in about once a week so just heard about Bill. I have been and will continue to pray for him!!!!!
Julie

kent said...

good news on all counts Bill is moving to better places
We have a new resident in the White House.

Jon said...

Ron, this is very encouraging news. Hopefully, Bill will be able to come back home as soon as possible. I appreciate all of your updates. Take care - you're in my thoughts.

Travelin man said...

Glad to hear this good news! Remember to take care of yourself so you will be able to welcome Bill back to your home! These events can be overwhelming -but lord of folks myself included are keeping you both in our thoughts!!

Ur-spo said...

I was happily surprised to read this good news; what a relief.

Anonymous said...

Hope things are continuing to improve. While every experience is different, Often after a fall doctors insist on a walker for extra balance.
You mentioned a basement bedroom, if your house has an option on the ground floor that may be preferable at first. Or, invest in a second walker so one can climb the steps using a railing but have a walker on either end. If Bill needs more care then you can provide after rehab for awhile, you might want to investigate the ins and outs of the Veterans Home in Milford. My uncle needed care for awhile and the care he got at his Veterans home was remarkable. The home was in upstate NY and at the time, it did not have a high occupancy so the attention was great.The care and respect they showed the patients was impressive. My uncle cried when he left and a few months later stopped by with holiday presents for a half a dozen of the staff who he said were true heroes.

Pat

Ron said...

Pat,
Thank you for sharing your story about your uncle's experience with the Veterans care home. I was wondering about that option should Bill take longer to improve.
Ron

Ron said...

To all of you whose kindness to me and Bill overwhelms me, a big thank you!
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...