Thursday, April 23, 2020
Ticked Off Vic: A Message to the Government | VicDiBitetto.net
Yesterday on Twitter I happened to come across this video which expresses my feelings exactly about how the government and big business is handling the coronavirus and helping the average person get through it.
As I've said before, I am very fortunate in that I am only suffering some inconveniences during this shutdown of our economy because of the coronavirus pandemic. Our home is paid for, we receive Social Security payments as a base income. I have a few small bank pensions to supplement our Social Security income. I'm even receiving unemployment benefits for a few months. I just can't imagine those people who have families to house and feed. Meeting mortgage and or rent payments. Small business owners trying to hang onto their businesses in which they worked so hard to be successful.
I think back to previous episodes of my life when I did live from paycheck to paycheck. What would I have done if I lost my job?
This morning I was thinking of my eight weeks of Army basic training at Ft. Dix New Jersey in February of 1960, housed with thousands of other young men like myself. What are they doing now?
When Bill and I plunged our whole life savings into buying that row house in Philadelphia in 1969 with a twenty-year mortgage and then all of a sudden we both lose our jobs? What would happen to our home. What would happen to us?
Folks, the worst is yet to come. We're not going to get through this anytime soon. I predict we won't even see any light until next year. We're going to continue in lockdown, except for those stupid red states who are insisting on opening up so Trump can go to his rallies again, throughout the whole summer. I wish it wasn't so, but I am only being realistic. This is going to get worse. Prepare yourself. And the big businesses like Shake Shack and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse who were first in line to grab the millions from the first government relief package, there is a special place in hell for people like you.
Trump will probably get a few more of his rallies in and hundred and perhaps thousands will die as a result. But he won't be reelected. He will have to be dragged out of the White House because he is a sociopath.
I wish I could be all sunshine and cheer today folks but I know what's coming. Watching this video, which I have watched numerous times already, gives me a sense of relief. By the way, I wish the presumed Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden would show as much passion.
Biden is going to get reelected, make no mistake about that but it's going to be ugly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday
This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...
-
First of all, fair warning this is a cryptic post. No names are mentioned in order to protect the innocent (and guilty) and to avoid em...
-
Dr. Spo finally arrived (fashionably) and met his blogger friends at Cubby's VIP suite at the hotel. Anne Marie of Philly, Ja...
-
In college I majored in marketing. I loved that major. Unfortunately I did not pursue a career in marketing. But that doesn't men tha...
7 comments:
Ron
Vic was Great.. I sent the you tube off to some friends .. Vic has the right idea...
Stay Safe
twt
Vic is our new hero.
"Tommy",
I hope you weren't offend by Vic's rough language. I normally wouldn't post something like that but liked vic's passion and I agree with everything he said. Wouldn't it be something if Joe Biden had that kind of passion?
Ron
Mike,
I didn't know who Vic was until I saw a short clip of this video on Twitter yesterday. I love Vic's passion. Wouldn't it be great if Joe Biden had that passion?
Ron
Ron - Vic is the voice of a large silent majority.
Pat
I believe that Pat!
I wish I had your optimism about the election.
I think T will pull a shenanigan to make him stay where he is.
Post a Comment