Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Staying In Touch With Friends During the Pandemic





Two of my best friends are Pat F. who lives in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada and Don McK. who lives in Philadelphia. 


In normal times Pat and I visit Don in Philadelphia.  Don has lived in a cooperative in center city Philadelphia that has a guest suite.  Pat and I rent that guest suite in the spring and fall. This year Pat and I will not be visiting Don for our schedule visit at the end of next month (May).  This will be the first spring in five years that we will miss. Hopefully we can still visit Don next November, where I plan to join the celebration of the defeat of the Criminal in the White House.  The operative word here is "hope" to visit.  In the meantime we're staying in touch by FaceTime.


Pat and I have been FaceTiming since we met in 2013.  Just recently we figured out how to do a three-way by FaceTime.  Sometimes it's tricky to make it happen but somehow we stumble into it.  Last night was one of those times. 


Don is quarantined in his tenth floor apartment. He gets out once a day to go to Target for grocery shopping. The rest of his day is spent on lockdown in his condo unit watching TV.  


Pat is ensconced in his luxury fourteenth floor condo in downtown Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. He goes out most days for a walk on the mostly deserted streets of Hamilton.  Pat spends most of his day listening to his favorite music on his Sonos channel or vintage records on his vintage records player. Pat also watches action movies on his Netflix account.  No more live hockey games for Mr. Hamilton Canada. 


And me? I blog.  And of course take Bill out for his daily ride.  And I cook, yesterday stuffed shells and lemon sponge pie (yum!)   


Today is a nice and sunny day so I'll be outside doing yard work. I'm lucky that I can get out and enjoy the sun and weather. Both Pat and Don live in the center of major cities that have a lot of restrictions. They can get out for a walk, keeping their distances from others,  but not much chance of getting down on their knees and pulling weeds.  I'm very lucky and I know it!


Stay safe everyone and have a great day!

2 comments:

Practical Parsimony said...

Some of us are lucky in our circumstances, and we know it. However, the people wanting their nail salon open annoy me.

Ron said...

Linda,
How about those people? Unbelievable.
Ron

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...