Friday, April 17, 2020

Coronavirus Pandemic Update Friday April 17, 2020

Me and Bill face masked at Ace Hardware
Trump wants to open up the country to get the economy going again. He's convinced a thriving economy is the only way he can get reelected. Of course he doesn't care how many die by sending people back to work before we have stopped the spread of the coronavirus pandemic. Trump only cares about himself and getting reelected. The only way we're going to get the economy going again is testing. 

TESTING! TESTING! TESTING!

We need testing and tracking. That is the ONLY way we're going to get back to normal. 

Now that I have had my say, let's take a break from this all consuming coronavirus news, which is scaring us all to death. 

A few months ago I came across a wonderful cucumber salad recipe which I will share with all of you now.  I discovered it as a leftover salad from an event at the hotel where I used to work.  Where I hope I can go back to work someday. Yes, I do miss working at the hotel even though at times I didn't feel like going it. Working two days a week at the hotel gave my week structure. Often now I'm not sure what day it is.

Marinated Cucumber Onion Tomato Salad

1 cup water
1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons salt

1 tablespoon fresh, coarsely ground back pepper
3 cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
3 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 onion, sliced and separated into rings


1) whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth; add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat

2) Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours

Marinated cucumber, onion and tomato salad


8 comments:

"Tommy" said...

Like the mask Ron... Bill needs a fancy one too.

Breenlantern said...

Looks good. I’m going to try the recipe but, so help me Lucifer, if I don’t love it, I shall bring a reign of terror upon you. *smirk*

Ron said...

Sean,
Trust me, this is a good and healthy recipe for cucumber salad. The key is the vinegar and sugar. It doesn't taste sweet but the sugar is probably a key ingredient for the tangy zing taste. I love it because it is nice and crunchy and light in calories. Good luck!
By the way, I read your blog but I am unable to leave comments on it. You have Word Press so that is probably the problem. However, Spo also has Word Press and I can leave comments there. I enjoy reading your blog.
Ron

Ron said...

"Tommy",
Dr. Spo made me that mask. He's making a lot of masks. I am reluctant to ask him to make another for Bill. I have masks on order from Amazon but they won't be delivered until the end of May. From China of course.
Ron

Deedles said...

I do a type of this salad, but I use red onions and a balsamic vinaigrette. Zesty Italian's good too. Sometimes I throw in salad shrimp. Yummy.

Ron said...

Deedles,
Salad shrimp? OMG. You ruined it! (smile)
Ron

Ur-spo said...

I love this sort of salad ! Alas i am supposed to lay of the sugar so I have to cut back on the amounts in these sorts of recipes.

Veronique Godbout said...

Great read thanks for sharing this

Random Thought On A Rainy September Sunday

  This morning I woke up to the usual rain and humidity we've been having here at Casa Tipton-Kelly for the last few months of summer. N...