![]() |
| My homemade rubber band biker kerchief mask |
Bill and I just got back from our weekly shopping expedition. This time I had to get some rubber bands for make my face mask out of my biker bandanas. Click on the link below for instructions how to prepare your own no sew bandana face mask.
No sew bandana face mask instructions
My blogger buddy, Dr. Spo very generously sent me a face mask for which I am very appreciative. Very stylish and safe but it kept falling off my face because I had to tie it with strings on the back.
I have several of these biker bandanas that I brought at Royal Farms several years ago. I've always liked these bandanas, they brought back memories of my bar hopping days where you put a certain color bandana out of your back pocket to indicate what kind of sexual activity you were into sexually. Red kerchief in the back right pocket, one thing and same red kerchief in the back left pocket, something else. You can look up the different meanings on the web. Since this is a family blog I won't repeat them here on this sacred site.
I had to go out this morning to get rubber bands. I didn't have a whole lot of rubber bands around Casa Tipton-Kelly. I was about to find two but they were old and ready to snap. Now I have a whole bag, ready to last me for a long pandemic.
While I was down Route One I decided to take a ride to Rehoboth Beach and check out the pandemic restrictions. They're in place. No boardwalk walking for exercise or dog walking. Of course no beach. They were open early on but too many people showed up thus defeating the social distancing requirement to help bend the curve of this pandemic.
We are so fortunate where we live here in our neighborhood where there is walking without restrictions. We have an acre backyard in which we can get outside and enjoy the fresh air. And of course our home is very comfortable for sheltering in. However, I rarely go through a day that I don't think of those who aren't so fortunate. Those who depend on a weekly paycheck to buy food and pay their rent or mortgage. I try to imagine if this pandemic happened when we were just starting out. It staggers my mind on how we would survive. I see these scenes of thousands of cars lined up at food banks, people who never in their lives before had a need to use a food bank just to feed themselves and their family. Even worse I think of those families who have lost their loved ones to this killer virus that knows no social limitations. The really cruel aspect is that they couldn't even be with their loved one as they drew their last breaths.
Right now I'm watching on TV the Trump Deplorables demonstrating at Harrisburg, PA capital for the Pennsylvania governor to life restrictions for people to go back to work. The past several days these same Stupids were demonstrating at the Michigan, Virginia and Minnesota capitals to "go back to work" after being encourage by Trump Tweets that said "LIBERATE MINNESOTA, LIBERATE MICHIGAN, LIBERATE VIRGINIA".
Trump, the Criminal in the White House, is more concerned with resuming his ego feeding rallies than people's lives. Trump was counting on the economy to get him re-elected. Got news for Trump, he isn't going to get re-elected and these Deplorables can crawl back under their rocks and continue to bemoan the fact that they lost the Civil War. Their day is over, less than two hundred days until the presidential election.
People are not going to go back to work in any significant way until testing is great expanded and contract tracing is put into place. Trump and his sycophants and Deplorables can whine and holler as much as they want to but the fact remains, the majority of people in this country are more concerned about their lives than Trump's chances for reelection.
I'm still having a hard time getting used to the science fiction all streets deserted scenes I see when I venture out. Hardly anybody in the parking lot at the shopping strip where I went to Staples to get my rubber bands. All the people with face masks resembling a band of robbers looking for a train to rob. Every time I pull up my face mask over my nose and mouth before I enter the store, I feel like I'm getting ready to do a stick up. When will this change? No time soon I fear, in spite of all those Tea Party types waving their upside down American flags and trotting around their guns (Second Amendment!) to intimidate every one else who doesn't see the world through their narrow Trumpian view of the world.
Stay safe every one!
![]() |
| The almost empty parking lot this morning when I went to Staples for rubber bands |



7 comments:
Ron...
Stay Safe .... the tide is rolling in down here.
Tommy
You devil you...Red you say...I looked it up...Fisting...not going to happen...Gay sex is so funny...I am not exactly vanilla but I am not into all that production...I just want to have loving, caring sex...A hook-up now and then...Ok...Pissing, slapping, scant, and the other things I have seen in my time on earth just looks like too much pain and complicated...
I was speaking to a long-time friend and we were discussing testing, contact tracing, antibodies determination, the protests...and I could have sworn I was speaking to a supporter of the guy on Pennsylvania Avenue...He wants things to open up...Testing is not needed...Healthcare for those who have and have not is a red hearing...They are all being treated so why keep statistics of the make-up of the pandemic...I know you are a conservative/Republican...But let's all agree on the tenets of good public health...I pointed out the healthcare resources detailed in a expose of Los Angeles Mt. Sini and the community hospital on the east side...Yes, all folks that need to be treated are being taken care of....But the resources they have are dramatically different...One has to think twice about resources and trying to make things stretch for the greater good while the other has resources and then some and more options are given...I could go on and on...
One thing this pandemic and shown us is that we have holes in our fabric of society/community...Healthcare and socioeconomically...
Be safe out there.
Thank Tommy. Staying safe here.
VRC-Do You!
Me a devil? Not really Vic. I'm vanilla too but I did look on with amusement with all those hankerchief signals. During my cruising gay bar days, I preferred leather and western gay bars. An occasional dance bar but I felt more comfortable in a leather and western bar. Of course I wanted to fit in so when I saw hankeershiefs hanging out the back pocket I got a red hankderchief and put it in my right pocket. WOW! The attention I got. I asked a friend what was gong on. He said "You're sending a signal." "What signal?" I asked. When he told me I was flabbergasted!. The red handkerchief in the left pocket was even worse! In fact any handkerchief in the left pocket meant you were signaling you were a bottom and believe me, I.AM.NOT.A.BOTTOM. Blue hankeershief, yellow hankerchief (golden showers), brown (scat), et al. It was fun checking out the various signals sent out. I didn't wear a handkerchief in my back pocket after that. "Let 'em guess" I thought. Actually. I could never get into all the "acrobatics" many potential hookups were expecting. Interestingly, I rarely had a satisfying sexual experience during my hey day. Ironically today in my old age I am having the most satisfying sex of my life. TMI? Perhaps but just telling you like it is. I would never have guessed that I would be where I am at this time of my life. So fortunate and lucky.
Ron
Dear Ron...Share as you wish...I too lover western bars...I lived in Dallas during my prime and loved the Round-Up...There was also a Levi/leather bar called Throckmorton Minning Company...To be frank, I was never into the bar scene...Things started too late for me...At 10 or 111 I am thinking about going to bed...I can go with friends but just standing around is not my thing...After an hour or so I am ready to go...I will go for shows and the like...My favorite place in Dallas was John L's...It was a cabaret/piano bar...The owner brought in local talent as well as acts outside of Dallas...I could sit there for hours drinking my diet coke...I was never a drinker...Never drank in my life...My landlord was the owner...I did not know it until later...When I rented he said he was a school teacher...Which he was...But later he told me he owned a bar...There was a rule when I went to John L's staff couldn't take my money per the owner...I would tip though... I could write a book about my love life..Let's just say I have not had sex in years...I am open to it...But...let me close before I run out of room...PS--Glad it still works....:)
VRC-Do You!
Hey, thank you for your very interesting and informative comment to my blog about your favorite bars you visited in your "prime." I have to tell you that one of my peet peeves are piano players in gay bars or restaurants. I understand they are the favorites of many, including some of my best friends but to me, those too loud failed Broadway stars dominating the restaurant or bar was just an annoyance. Of course this is my personal opinion but my honest opinion. When I meet Pat in 2013, he had never been to a gay bar in his life. I took him to his first gay bar in Toronto. It was called "Zippers"( very clever,, huh?) Every thing was going well until the piano player/singer cum wanna be Broadyway star began singing, way too loud. Ruined the whole scene for me. The first time I visited Provincetown Mass in the 70's with my good friend Bob McC he always went to the piano bar, BORING. We parted ways. Now I DO LIKE disco to many that's boring. Different strokes for different folks huh Vic? You have inspired to to write a blog post abut my favorite gay bars. By the way, several years ago I used to attend a Friday Night Dine Out with various gays guys here in Rehoboth Beach. They would always choose a different restaurant, usually straight. One restaurant we attended one night was called the Green Turtle. Every thing was going well until a lady settled herself at the piano and proceeded to SHOUT a song. I'm all for ambiance and background music while dining but I find these bar and restaurant piano players are much too loud and intrusive on why I am attending the bar or restaurant. Bottom line is, whenever I see a piano in a bar or restaurant I turn around and go to another restaurant or bar.
Ron
Drat I should have made the strings longer.
Post a Comment