Friday, October 11, 2019

Former Ukrainian Ambassador Arrives At The Capital




I have refrained from writing political posts on this blog. But just because I have refrained doesn't mean that I am not very concerned about the state of our nation, the United States of America. 

I have watched with great dismay the past three years of the Trump presidency.  Donald Trump is nothing more than a common criminal, thug and con man who has gotten away all his life with breaking the law. That I believe is finally coming to an end. And the irony of it all is a woman is going to bring him down, as he so justly deserves. 

I could rant and rave and write many blog posts about what is going on in our country now, especially the latest atrocity in which Trump has abandoned our Kurdish allies who helped us contain ISIS.  

Trump and his toady Secretary of State Pompeo, who foolishly thinks he could be a future presidential candidate, told former ambassador Maria Yovanovitch not to appear before a House impeachment inquiry committee.  She instead obeyed the House subpoena and appeared, testifying nine hours. All reports indicate she testified honestly and openly, thus showing she has more courage than ALL fifty-three Republican senators.  More balls. And dare I say even more balls than former Defense Secretary James "Mad Dog" Mattes and the much overrated Special Counsel Robert Mueller, both of whom prioritized their "respect for the office of the presidency" rather than the Constitution and the truth by staying silent on the criminality of Trump.  

Ambassador Yovanovitch showed up this morning and walked openly across the House parking lot without brief case or even purse, in the full sunlight to show us all what a true American should look like and act. She didn't sneak in the back door from a tinted window limousine or decline to show up lest she get a mad rage tweet from our increasingly deranged president. 

Trump appreciates the value of images. I bet he's stewing tonight.  Of course his base will never change but so what? They drank the Trump Kool-Aid. They are lost. I gave up on them a long time ago.  

Today an American did the right thing. Would that just one Republican Senator show one tenth of the courage and truth Ambassador Yovanovitch showed today. But no, their first priority is themselves and not their oath to the Constitution.

They're afraid of a Trump Tweet. Clearly Ambassador Yovanovitch is not. 

Today I was proud to be an American.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes!!

I agree!!

It's all right to express facts and your opinion. It's your blog. We should be able to accept and digest opinions that are different from our own. This is how we reach a compromise, a new path, augment our own path in the same direction.

I draw the line where opinions expressed are misleading, not based in fact, damn outright conspiracy, putting down religion, a person, a group...

I applaud the Ukrainian Ambassador. There are times where it is not about US, a POLITICAL PARTY, but what is decent, what is moral, what is protecting our democracy. Those Republicans and sycophants should be ashamed. How they sleep at night, let alone look themselves in the mirror, is beyond me.

Ron said...

VRC-Do You!
One of the surprises to me of this Trump nightmare is how many Republicans he has intimidated and who are cowards. Also the many people (voters) he has conned. They have all drank the Kool Aid. They're lost. Hillary was right, they are The Deplorables. Among the many things I can never forgive Trump for is him betraying the Kurds who helped us fight the ISIS fighters. Unbelievable!
Sickening! I hope this nightmare is over soon.
Ron

Anonymous said...

I believe The Orange One WILL BE IMPEACHED! I heard today that the inside scoop is a Thanksgiving Day surprize. You and I know that the Senate will NOT REMOVE him. Well, if he becomes too much of a liability. But our actions should not be politically based, instead should be rooted in Democracy. The good of the Country. Some say he will resign between the House and Sentae. The Orange One is to honorary to resign. We might have to drag him out of office. Once this is all over we will have to amend the Constitution. No will not open it up to revise. This will open a can of worms. Our Country has realized how fragile our Constitution really is. We must put in hard stops. Carrying out the "norms" and the "honor" system did not do us any good this go-round.

PS-I too wake up each day and wonder what The Orange One has done now. What will push the rock down the steep hill? All I see it teetering. COWARDS!! My heart goes out to the Kurds. We have to make this right.

obscure said...

Interesting that all the balls in Washington these days belong to women. I am cautiously optimistic that this is the end for Trump, at the very least preventing him from being reelected. Unfortunately, we'll still have to live among his supporters

Ur-spo said...

well said.

Ron said...

VRC-Do You!
I am sick to my stomach at what Trump has done to our loyal allies the Kurds. I doubt that this betrayal will ever be fixed. Now Pence is saying Trump didn't give the green light to Turkey. Lie, lie, lie. Never in my life did I think our country would be in danger of being overtaken by a demagogue like Trump. And all this is possible because of the cowardice of all the Republicans in Congress. You're right that the Constitution has to be amended to prevent something like this ever happening again in our country. Right now we're in a very dangerous place. I hope Trump resigns or even better he is impeached but I doubt that the Republicans in the Senate will have the balls to do it.
Ron

Ron said...

obscure,
The woman do indeed have the courage to confront the criminality in the White House. Maybe there is hope for us all yet.
Ron

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...