|Me and Mike Smith - Poodle Beach, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware|
I like memes but don't usually do them. However, this time I think I will. This is one that Sean, The Jeep Guy started.
1. Memorial Day is a day of remembrance but it also signifies the "Official" start of summer. What are your plans this weekend?
Hanging around the house, working in the backyard and taking rides with Bill - did all of those yesterday and today!
2. What is your most and least favorite thing about summer?
Most favorite = the long days and warm weather
Least favorite = The heavy traffic and aggressive drivers which make it not only dangerous to drive to Rehoboth Beach but almost impossible unless I'm willing to sit in traffic from a half an hour to an hour. Usually, after Memorial Day until Labor Day, I avoid Rehoboth Beach like the plague because I want to live.
3. What do you think of when I say "Bar-B-Que?"
Grilled hamburgers which I would love one right now. Alas it is not to be, too much trouble setting up a grill and most of the store bought hamburger is tasteless because of all the hormone injections.
4. What is your favorite summer food?
Fresh summer veggies like corn, zucchini, tomatoes and fruits like peaches, watermelons and cantaloupes.
5. Are you is (in) swim suit shape yet?
HA! I have a roll around my middle that refuses to go away and I am certainly not putting that on display nor be the subject of ridicule as just another Old (72) Man on the Beach.
|Me, Herring Cove- Provincetown, Mass|
6. Given the choice, which do you prefer: ocean, lake or pool?
Pool. I love the smell of chlorine.
7. Which summer blockbuster movie are you most looking forward to seeing?
I already saw it, "Stranger By The Lake."
8. Summer reading: What? Recommendations?
I read all the time. There is no "summer reading" in my world, there is Reading All The Time. I usually have two books going at once; one by my bed stand and the other in the
9. Vacation Plans? If you can't, what would you do if you could?
I would love to visit Provincetown one more time before I check out of this existence. Oh I know it's not like it was when I was a regular vacationer in the 70's and early 80's but still…..just one more Tea Dance at the Boatslip would be fun.
10. Did you ever have to go to summer school?
Yes, Mother forced us (me and my brothers). Didn't have to go but she thought we needed to do something "productive" with our summer. BIG MISTAKE. She never did it again. All we did was make ceramics and wax beads. What a waste of time when we could have had real fun.
Sex on the beach?
Of course, Provincetown. Remember? Sand, heat and gawkers. What was I thinking? Thank God there weren't iPhones around then.
|Watch out Michel Phelps! Me doing my best backstroke in Provincetown Bay|