Got an update folks! Pat and I are leaning (big time) towards this model, The Luna.
It has all the elements that Pat likes. Modernism, clean lines and lighting. I like it too. Of course I also like my cluttered home. So here I can have the best of both worlds. My main living space will be in my home with all my "things" I've accumulated over my eight decades on this planet that give me comfort, and then I can "visit" Pat in his home at the other end of my back yard.
During Pat and Glenn's visit this past June, we saw another Zook tiny home down here just off Route One that we visited. Pat fell in love with that model immediately.
![]() |
| Me and Pat sitting in the A Frame model (which I will post a video of in my next blog post). |
I only have one photo of it though because I planned to go back after Pat and Glenn left to take more photos. But that model is gone though, because that business (just down the road from my property here on the other side of Route One) was cleared a few weeks ago to make room for yet another development here in Sussex County.
However, right now "The Luna" is the front runner.
Perhaps Pat and I will visit the Zook business in Pennsylvania this spring when Pat and I get married to checkout The Luna in person. I know exactly where the Zook business is located, Gap, PA which, coincidentally is where I bought my garden shed some years ago. This is an Amish business. My garden shed was custom built. I had windows with screens installed and even a cat door. All for only $1,700! Of course this was over twenty years ago. Here is a photo of that shed that I had originally placed on my Mother's property. After I moved down here to Delaware I had the company that made my shed drive it down here and install it on the edge of my lot. Here is a photo of that same shed now.
| My garden shed on my property now. Pat's tiny home would be located off the right side of this photo. My garden shed is located at the left corner of my property. His tiny home would be located in the middle. |
Here is a photo of Bill standing in the doorway of my shed. Bill loved that shed. Right now the trees and bushes are swallowing up the shed. I have to trim all that vegetation back this spring. I have to clean the inside too. You know me, I accumulate.
I am so excited about Pat getting his tiny home and being able to place it on my property. This is the perfect solution to our future living arrangements.
As I have posted before, the first time I visited Pat in his modernistic, minimalist home in Toronto, I knew we would probably have a problem living together. Here is a photo of Pat's former home in Toronto.
And by the way, here is a picture of the front yard of Pat's squatter, druggie neighbors who continue to be a problem. I actually feel sorry for them in a way. What a shame to not only waste their lives (the woman who lives next door to Pat only yesterday asked Pat's neighbor on the other side for food yesterday).
That trash doesn't stay their long though because either Pat or his neighbor Samantha on the other side of the druggie house calls the City of Hamilton complaining about the trash and they remove it. What a way to live, huh?
Pat will stay in Hamilton for at least another year before he moves down here to live with me in southern coastal Delaware. Hopefully by that time his problem neighbor situation will be resolved. Hopefully.
Again, I am so excited about having approval for our marriage and for Pat to move down here with me. We won't be living in the same house, sure, but we are living together. Just like we have been living together for the past eleven years since I met Pat. Until COVID hit and my three year stint caregiving for Bill, Pat and I were getting together every quarter (three months). Either here, Philadelphia, Canada and California.
I'm pretty sure my traveling by plane days are over, just in time since Trump and his thugs are gutting our government safeguards so this is good timing. I can see where I could end up like Bill in my final years, needing a caregiver. And as I have said many times before, there is no way I will every go to assisted living. I can assure one and all, that will never happen if I can help it. Both Pat and I are working very hard to make this last chapter of our lives (this incarnation) the best yet!
| Me and Pat at the Veggie Grill on 8000 Sunset Boulevard, West Hollywood, California February 19, 2017 |




4 comments:
I love it---Here is the floorplan--- https://zookcabins.b-cdn.net/wp-content/uploads/Choose-Your-Cabin-Style/Park-Models/Floor-Plans/Luna/ZC-Luna-park-model-floor-plan-121724.pdf
The floorplan came from this site--- https://www.zookcabins.com/cabin/luna
The only thing lacking is a bit more storage for dry goods, dinner wear, clothes, and odds and ends. Also, let's do away with those open shelves and place cabinets. Also reading the specs, are they telling me the roof will only hold 70 1lb of snow?
This is exciting. And Luna is a good option to get the discussion going.
In my other comment, I mentioned you setting up a Golden Girls-type environment with all these tiny homes are your property. We will call you Mrs. Madrigal of 28 Barbary Lane in Armistead Maupin book Tales of The City. She ran that small apartment house in San Francisco. What great books and the series was excellent. I loved it when Mrs. Madrigal would leave a freshly rolled joint taped to the door for all of her tenants who just moved in.
I do love the contemporary design. And the view of your property could not get any better.
That shed in your backyard, is that where you keep the dead bodies?
Vic,
The Luna floor plan is perfect for Pat as is the modern design. Pat loves tiny homes especially modern ones. Pat doesn't have much to store but there is always plenty of space in my house, LOTS OF SPACE for any of Pat's overflows. Pat doesn't have "overflow" though. If he buys some new article of clothing he gets rid of one he already has. He's been doing that for years much to my chagrin, especially things I bought for him that ended up at Sally Mae (Salvation Army). I'm only having one ADU on my property though. I think that's all that Sussex County allows according to their recent authorization of allowing properties to have ADU's because of lack of affordable housing in this coastal beach area. Are the dead bodies in my garden shed? One year I got thirty-seven dead mice in my traps. I put them all out for the local vultures. Gone in an hour.
Pat's new home should be in place by next spring. We're excited!
Ron
So exciting! Congrats! It’s so wonderful that the county and your HOA permits a ‘small’ home on your lot! The next time you’re in Rehoboth, please stop and see me - I have something for you. Regards, from Margaret in Rehoboth!😁
Hi Margaret! So good to hear from you. Actually, my HOA doesn't permit (yet) a small house on my lot. I talked to my HOA president yesterday and he said the bylaws don't permit it now but I can submit a request and have it put to a vote. Only need 2/3rds to pass. I'm working on the request now.
I'll stop in Rehoboth when I get back from my trip to California. Right now I have no heat in my house and I have to get ready for my trip. I'm leaving Sunday. So much going on!
Ron
Post a Comment