Monday, February 12, 2024

Bill Kelly February 12, 2024 Update

 

Bill Kelly U.S. Army Japan 1947 at the Great Bhudda (Bill is standing in front of the Bhudda with his arms akimbo)

Good morning folks.

A lot of changes here with Bill's health. 

I don't have time to post everything right now but I will later. Just trying to catch up now.

However, I will say that Bill is still with us and here at home where I can care for him. 

He is becoming progressively weaker and his cognitive ability has significantly decreased. 

I am basically taking care of a ninety-five year old child now who often awakes me at night, confused as to what time it is.

My purpose in posting an update now is to take down that awful picture I had of Bill with my last blog post. I should not have posted that picture of Bill in is declined state. From here on out I will only post photos of Bill as I remember him when he was in the prime of life. 

Nobody told me to do this. I decided to make this change myself.

With all that happens I am so appreciative that I can still take care of Bill here at home where he is most comfortable. 

I will update more when I get things under control here.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I’ve followed you for many years and once remarked that my Aunt had worked with you at one of the cc banks (melon?girard?) that I don’t remember You have taken good care of your beloved and he you and though I don’t believe in a afterlife I believe you two have been happy here on earth You are both in my thoughts

Anne

Breenlantern said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. You are both in my thoughts every day.


Sassybear
https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

Mark said...

Thinking of you as you’re both going through hard times together.
I hate zoom calls with a passion but, at the same time, would love to connect with you since you do like them
My dad had a stroke on Saturday and is still in the hospital. Physically, okay, but having a hard time processing and verbalizing his thoughts. Tough on him and my Mom
Be strong
Mark

Ron said...

Woody,
Always good to hear from you. I was getting worried. Thank you for your offer of help. I just may take you up on it.
Ron

Ron said...

Anne,
Who was your mother? I remember most of the people I worked with at Girard Bank. Those were the good old days. Lately I've been thinking about my past years with fondness. I would love to know who your mother was. I don't believe in an afterlife but I do think we have a spirits (soul) that goes somewhere. Maybe reborn? I'll find out soon enough anyway. Yes, Bill and I have been very fortunate to have had these many years together. Thank you for your comments and support.
Ron

Ron said...

Sassybear,
Thank you again for your good thoughts.
Ron

Ron said...

MARK,
I am so sorry to hear about your father. At least when Bill had his strokes he can still speak and is mobile, although both speech and his mobility was affected. I hope when my time comes, it is quick and painless. This is awful what Bill is going through now and now what your father is going through. My thoughts are with you Mark at this difficult time for you and your family.
Ron

Michele said...

Even though we have never met, I think of you and Bill daily and wish peace for you both. My parents are both 84, and it is so very important to them to be able to stay in thier own home together, and I am doing my best to make that possible. Your love for Bill and for the life that the two of you have made together shines through, in all of your words, and deeds. Take care of you also....

Ron said...

Michelle,
How very kind of you to say those good things about me and Bill. That is my goal, to keep him here at home with me until the end. I hope you can keep both of your parents home for the rest of their lives. I was unable to keep my Mother at her home, she had to go and live with my other brother. My brother at her home who lived with her, was unable to keep up with taking care of her. I regret now that we had to move her because she was so unhappy at my other brother's home, although his home was very nice and she was well taken care of, better than my other brother could have taken care of her in her own home. She was bitter with all of us at the end. I will aways feel sad she had to end her life feeling that way towards all of here three sons. That's just another reason I want to keep Bill here at his home which he so loves.
Ron

anonymous said...

You're doing a wonderful job, Ron. A difficult and heartbreaking task watching our loved ones slip away. You should have comfort in knowing you're providing Bill with the best care, comfort and being able to stay in his beloved home. Importantly, you take care of YOU!
Paranormal John

Ron said...

Paranormal John,
Thank you John for your encouraging words. I'm just thankful that I'm here to take care of Bill and yes, he is getting he best care. Coincidentally the VA Home Health Care just called this afternoon offering to send somebody out here to help me but I declined. I don't need help. I appreciate their offer but no. I can take care of Bill.
Ron

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...