Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Music For Shopping In Upscale Clothing Stores


A few years ago, in my Previous Life, when Pat and I used to go on our quarterly trips, I encountered this type of music.

The place was at a very upscale clothing store (whose name I do not remember) at The Grove Mall in West Hollywood. I couldn't afford any of the clothing in that store but what cool music they had playing in the background. That music put me in the mood to part with all my money and buy some of those cool very expensive clothes that were draped in the shadows of that ever so cool clothing emporium. Listening to the throbbing beat of this music, the feeling was sensual. How clever of Them to create the Whole Experience while shopping in that rarefied atmosphere of which I could never afford in one hundred lifetimes. 

This music leaves my previous favorite 70's disco music in the dust. If I ever had a memorial service when I pass away, play this music......please.

Now if  you're of a mind for some grand relaxation, play this music with some good speakers with a sub woofer (I use Bose) and go about your daily routine. I have a feeling your spirits will be uplifted as mine is. 

6 comments:

Woody in Ohio said...

Enjoy this type of music very much. It sets a definite mood and I can understand it being played a high end mens wear store like one of many that can be found at The Grove. I visited friends in WeHo back in 2005 and they insisted that I had to experience the Farmers Market. It was very on-trend as they say alot out there in LA. The farmers Market was at one time a real farmers market with butcher shops, fresh vegetable vender and was shopped by the Asian population. All I can say is whoever the publicrelations firm was that sold the idea to the family who owned the land did a damn good job. I remember it as an affordable place to shop and eat. Well, that was in the Farmers Market but when you wander into THE GROVE it's a whole different world. I was surprised by all the young families that were shopping there. Now I been a lot of places but this whole area is an absolutely amazing mix of shops catering to anybody who has money. I said to my friends that it seemed that if you paid with cash they looked at you as if you were dirty or diseased. We had lunch there in a little restaurant, just the three of us and it was damn near $400.00. Thank the good Lord they insisted on treating me. Well it is still there and thriving. There is a lot of tourist things to visit all around the area. The La Brea Tar Pits are nearby. I chuckled when you mentioned THE GROVE. You and Pat certainly did get around. Been there and done that is how I feel about THE GROVE. I like the picture of the month of Bill and the dogs. You are giving me a new prospective of Bill Kelly. I think you shared some of the things in the past but I don't think I was paying close attention. I think the good SPO would say I am using your blogs to help with my recall and cognition. I got a lot of knowledge store up here in this somewhat damaged brain of mine and you are helping me to recall it. Why do I need a psychiatrist when I got Ron Tipton! LOL. Remember to be careful and stay safe. Above all be happy! Regards from Woody in Ohio - where it has been below freezing all day and most likely the next 5 days at least.

Ron said...

Woody,
I had never experienced anything like The Grove in West Hollywood. We only discovered it because the CBS studio was right next to it. I had written for tickets to "The Price is Right" and that's where that show was taped. We've been to five shows so far. Never called to "Come on down!" but close (people around us). Pat and I both loved the Grove. You can spend a lot of money there but there are also places where the prices are very reasonable. Pat and I always got a kick out of checking the prices in Nordstrum's for T-shirts, worn jeans and especially women's shoes. I am so looking forward to going back to West Hollywood. It's been I think five years since we've been there. Maybe next year.
Ron

anonymous said...

I really like the music, Ron. I've never been to The Grove, but similar shopping places. I always felt like white trailer trash and left (of course) empty handed! LOL! They say money can't buy happiness....but gee, would like to give that theory a whirl!
Paranormal John

Ron said...

Paranormal John,
Me too! I could never afford the clothing at those places and I am white trash, literally (father was a hillbilly, a real one). When I'm in one of those stores I feel like I'm wearing a sign hanging around my neck and they know it! But I do like the music.
Ron

Ur-spo said...

I love finding music like this! This is how I found Passio by Part, walking into a Tower Record store in Chicago.

Ron said...

Spo,
I had no idea how to find this kind of music. I am so happy that I have found it. I find it so relaxing, especially for taking a break from caregiving and playing it while I'm sitting at my computer.
Ron

Labor Day Weekend

  Photo of the back of my home here in southern Delaware taken at 1:26 PM today -  I may not have access to the boardwalk or a view of the o...