Monday was a very mild day here in southern Delaware. Sun wasn't out but the temperatures were so mild, I could feel the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach calling to me.
I love walking on the boardwalk. The boards of the boardwalk are springy. Makes my legs feel good. And these days my legs need all the feel good they can get.
Bill also came down with me as he always days when I go out. I am so glad he is here at home and I can take him out (almost) every day. If he was in some facility (God forbid) he would be stuck inside all day, at the mercy of all those underpaid attendants ("attendants" for lack of a better description).
Usually Bill sits in the car while I take my Boardwalk walk. However, he's been working on healing the open wound on his right leg. He's been walking a lot recently. I so admire him, he just doesn't give up. He's weak and tires easily but he pushes himself. I tell him not to overdue it, which he doesn't but he does get his exercise in. Sometimes he does more walking than I do. One thing, he can take the thirteen steps up from his basement bedroom to our first floor easier than I do. You should see me struggle to do those steps. Maybe on second though you don't want to see that sad sight.
Although this video shows a sparsely occupied boardwalk, there were actually a lot of people in town Rehoboth. Then I realized that Monday was a holiday, Presidents' Day. Yes, another holiday. Seems like every time we turn around, there's another holiday. It was nice to see all those folks in Rehoboth, eager for the new summer season to begin. Rehoboth is very smart, they don't charge for parking in the offseason. Smart move.
Today the temperatures reached 71 degrees. I'll take it! I'm done with snow. This time of year I would normally be in Palm Springs for the two week Modernism Week festivities. Maybe next year but not as long as Bill is here. We're pretty well settled into our routine now. However, I do miss my hotel job. Again, maybe next year. Working part-time at the hotel. Trips with Pat to Philly, Canada and Palm Springs. Something to look forward too.
4 comments:
Go Bill go!!
Bill is spry for a 94-year-old man. His posture is good, his balance is even better, and his gait is outstanding.
You have kept him young!!
Enjoy your walks!!
Bill seems to be walking very well. He sure doesn't look like someone near death.
Jim
Vic,
Bill walks better than me, seriously, he does!
Ron
Jim,
Bill does walk very good. His heart is weak though. He has a-fib. He could have a stroke at any time. He sleeps about twenty hours a day. His appetite is down. He is slowly fading away. He tires easily. Both of us hope that his eventual passing is gentle in the night. He just doesn't wake up one morning.Thank goodness he's not in pain and is mobile but he does have to be careful when walking.
Ron
Post a Comment